Let us have a ScubaBoard meet and greet. - Idea and Planning Thread!

Where should we go?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a SCUBAboard meet and greet....diving has to be part of the agenda, imo! Last spring, a group of us got together, did a couple dives in Laguna, and then had a beach picnic with food that we had prepared. It was a lot of fun and really simple. Something like that could be pretty easy to plan.

I like this too, plenty of places where there are nice picnic facilities for those that are not up to diving (or in case the water conditions are not agreeable), but that leaves the option to dive open.

There are plenty of dive sites on the Palos Verdes peninsula and its pretty much dead center between Ventura and Laguna.

and what about the 2 of us that live in the San Diego area :D

Seriously that sounds great.

What about meeting a large City Park that has a big deep pool?

I would like to meet. But I only have 4 dives from my open water class. If it involves diving, could we have a group for newbies like me ?

I would like to meet. But I only have 4 dives from my open water class. If it involves diving, could we have a group for newbies like me ?

I'm sure we can work something out. If nothing else, you can dive with me.

What about meeting a large City Park that has a big deep pool?

Like Heisler in Laguna....where the pool is the Pacific??

Heisler has nice amenities and it's fairly central for Ventura to SD and everywhere in between. May not be the best Laguna site, but it's probably the best for a get together.

As for new divers, I'm sure it won't be an issue to find a buddy. Many of us are happy to dive with new divers....we were all there at one time.

And Frank, as much as a lot of us love Marineland (and other sites at PV), a lot of divers aren't willing to make the trek. I think for this get together to be a success, we will need to do it at a place that has fairly simple access (and hopefully good conditions....though if we do it before February, I suspect we should be in good shape).

Just not the weekend of Jan. 23/24, please :blinking:

Or any time in Nov or Dec, or the first, fourth, or fifth weekends of Jan. :)

Seriously, how is my diving calendar already basically booked through next Feb?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom