Lemon Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The word on the street is that the Lemon Shark Aggregation is starting. This recent cold snap will get them up into the sand/ reef region. I am assuming that the information that I recieved is correct since I notice that Captain Paul is heavily booked next week during the weekdays as well. Geesh.

Anyone with recent FIRST hand information is urged to post here. I have only hearsay information as of yet.

Eric

Orlando Eric:
The word on the street is that the Lemon Shark Aggregation is starting. This recent cold snap will get them up into the sand/ reef region. I am assuming that the information that I recieved is correct since I notice that Captain Paul is heavily booked next week during the weekdays as well. Geesh.

Anyone with recent FIRST hand information is urged to post here. I have only hearsay information as of yet.

Eric

Eric

That week has been booked solid for a few weeks now.

I wanna go and see the lemons this year. I barely saw one last yearwhen we dove.

I heard the temptation was on vacation that week - not booked. I was hopping to go out next Friday myself.

On Vacation? Geesh.. and all these dive shop guys and captains crying.. "I've got to feed the kids... baby needs new shoes." That thing just got a new engine, I was expecting to get emails for the new night dive slots at 2100 & 0200 to help pay for it all. He goes on vacation instead... must be nice.. here I am working overtime to scrap together enough dough to pay for a few more trip fees and air fills. Vacation.. probably went to Maui or Bleize. Madrid. :chillin6:

Seriously though good for him... if you can not take some time off and relax at HIS age when can you? :doctor:

I am looking at my Scheldule and I am working the range during the week this month so my odd weekends are about all I can do. DOH thinking about the 21st - 22nd?

Eric

Orlando Eric:
On Vacation? I am looking at my Scheldule and I am working the range during the week this month so my odd weekends are about all I can do. DOH thinking about the 21st - 22nd?

Eric

That would quite likely be workable.

Hopefully my regs will be done by then.

Let me know if that will still work for you.

And yes, we should get a large group together again, just like last year.

Maybe even Simon (and Christina, his betrothed) can make it?

Be nice to see Simon complaining about surface intervals again! :D

Jeff

I am going to the Keys this weekend. Is there a particular area that the lemon sharks tend to hang out? Or would I be as likely to see them on any excurion? On Friday, i will be with Captain Hook's in Marathon, but I have left my options open for the next couple days.

Lisa0825:
I am going to the Keys this weekend. Is there a particular area that the lemon sharks tend to hang out? Or would I be as likely to see them on any excurion? On Friday, i will be with Captain Hook's in Marathon, but I have left my options open for the next couple days.

As I understand it, they come into the shallow waters (60-80 feet) off of Jupiter to either breed or give birth (don't remember which)...

So I have no idea whether they would be found in the keys this time of the year (or at all).

I think that Eric had a better explanation for all of this in this thread or another.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom