Leisurepro transgressions

What your opinion..?

• Quit your complaining its not that bad

Votes: 63 91.3%
  • Actually that is a pretty damn poor effort from LeisurePro

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quit your complaining its not that bad:

I've done several transactions with them and have had good luck everytime. Sorry to hear about your trouble. Let it go............

Matt

Cathie, sounds like yours is a very unique situation and that you should expect such ordering complications or maybe just ask for another rep in such situations. If the person has never experienced this situation, you can't possibly expect him to know exactly what to do. These order takers aren't high paid you know... if they were we wouldn't be shopping at LP because they couldnt have the low prices they do.

I have had very positive experiences with LP on the few purchases I have made with them, but

If they said it was shipped out, it should have been shipped out. Period. Certainly not an issue to blow an O-ring on, but the principle of the dissatisfaction is understandable. :banging:

jamiei once bubbled...
Cathie, sounds like yours is a very unique situation and that you should expect such ordering complications or maybe just ask for another rep in such situations. If the person has never experienced this situation, you can't possibly expect him to know exactly what to do. These order takers aren't high paid you know... if they were we wouldn't be shopping at LP because they couldnt have the low prices they do.

Since there aren't a lot of malls on the open seas :) I do a lot of internet shopping....I've never had as much difficulty placing an order as I did with LP.

Maybe I got the new guy...but one would hope they wouldn't let the new guy answer the phone till he had at least a small clue.

Not blowing an o-ring :) just don't think I'll bring my business to them in the future.

Peace,
Cathie

I'm sure there are people who are going to flame me on this one but here goes,
IMO!!!
Don't buy gray market life support gear. If I'm 100ft down I want to know that a manufacturer stands behind that regulator and that it will continue to work and bring me back up alive. Not that a discount store who won't tell me where or who they got it from is standing behind it and they can't honor a warranty since they didn't get it from the source. Would you buy a grey market parachute then jump out of a plane???
Yes, I've Dm'd for various shops and I like to save $$ on my gear to. I've bought alot of my stuff online from different legit shops too. Heck, I thought LP was gods gift to diving also until I found out what a scam it is.There are some decent online shops out there so I am not turned off at all about all online gear. I'm just going to be careful with who its from. Its my life and thats worth an extra $50!
I guess the point being is for your own safety get your life support gear from someone who will back it up. Save the small stuff for LP. There. I said it now I can sleep tonight!:wacko:

My husband and I negociated a deal that was almost as good as leisurepro but without all the hassel and worry about the quality and service. Our local store stays in business and we get great service. A little more money up front for a lot more security in the end. I think it is worth it! Buy the way, the difference in price for two weight integrated BCD's (Libra and Balance), two dive computers (cobra and Vyper), two cold water regulators and octos was about $100.00. But then our dive shop threw in several clips so it was really less than that. Maybe I'm nuts but $100.00 seems like a little bit of money when you're talking about thousands in equipment and all the hassels of dealing on-line.

I hope you have better luck in the future.

My LDS was many hundreds different when I bought my $1100 worth of items from LP....

Frankly, I'd rather support the LDS, and did, when I bought the other $700 worth of stuff I didn't buy at LP...The LDS let me try on the wet suit I bought, etc....

Go figure...

Sean

A lot of NYC deep MO discounters make a large part of their income from the "float" - the interest they make off customers money they are sitting on. In order to maximize this, they accept orders for merchandise they dont actually have in stock (and may never have), and string out any refunds for returned goods for months and months. An extension of this is to deliberately ship substitute cheaper/non-name brand goods when they don't have what was ordered, since they make more money should the customer keep them, and get the float should the customer return them for as long as they can stall off the refund.

Who are the MO discounters you speak of?

How much money can you really make off of the float? (I can see it if you are dealing in millions of dollars a month, but....)

What do you base this on?

Just curious how a shop could make "a large part" of their money using the float?

After all, what is the interest on $2000 for two months? [at 8% APR, aren't we talking ($2000*.08)/6 = roughly $26?]
They'd have to screw many folks at a time, keep their reputation so folks would continue to use them as a resource, and have enough volume to make it worthwhile to run the float.....

And my example assumes each customer buys $2k worth, and all $2k worth is involved in the float, and doesn't take into account costs associated with the incorrect equipment wrongly sent to the customer.

What am I missing?

Cheers,

Sean

The mistake you made was to rely too heavily on them. If you really needed the gear you should have asked for faster shipping options, or told the salesperson outright "it has to be here 100% for sure on such and such a date".

The simplest would probably have been to start the process a little earlier....

As for LP, yes, they blew it, but really in a minor way. Blowing it in a big way would have been to charge you double and only ship half the gear.

Now aren't you glad it wasn't something like that ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom