LeisurePro now an Oceanic Authorized Dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sipa Dan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I was in the LeisurePro showroom in NYC earlier today and the salesperson said that LP was now an authorized dealer for Oceanic. Is this so? I don't find LP listed when I search for dealers by zipcode on the Oceanic website. What gives? Is this a recent development, or was the saleperson mistaken?

Thanks,

Sipa Dan:
Hi,

I was in the LeisurePro showroom in NYC earlier today and the salesperson said that LP was now an authorized dealer for Oceanic. Is this so? I don't find LP listed when I search for dealers by zipcode on the Oceanic website. What gives? Is this a recent development, or was the saleperson mistaken?

Thanks,

This outta be good.

interesting, sounds like full of crap (from looking at Oceanics policies), but no way of knowing until you talk to oceanic I guess, but I hope you saved the name of the salesperson, just in case he was full of you know what

:popcorn: Interesting.

Cheekymonkey:
interesting, sounds like full of crap (from looking at Oceanics policies), but no way of knowing until you talk to oceanic I guess, but I hope you saved the name of the salesperson, just in case he was full of you know what
Good for Oceanic. They are coming forward when many other companies still hold back. LP is a full service store, all companies sell to them, one way or the other. Why not be honest?

I'm questioning whether or not its true, before I say its wonderful, I will think its wonderful too if its true, as I have a oceanic computer through LP, but just waiting to hear what oceanic has to say, I would imagine that if they did make LP an authorized dealer, that LP would be a big enough dealer to warrant getting their name on the list of authorized dealers pretty quickly, just waiting to find out for sure.

Their Oceanic Probe LX BC is now $500 dollars...:11:

RoyN:
Their Oceanic Probe LX BC is now $500 dollars...:11:

Well........since $499.95 is the Oceanic Authorized Dealer MAP prices for the Probe LX, I think we may have our answer. I don't know of any other instance of Leisure Pro conforming to a manufactur's MAP prices unless so constrained by a dealer agreement. If so, we welcome Leisure Pro to the ranks of authorized dealers. May the best man win!

Phil Ellis

DiveSite:
I just sent an email to my Oceaic/Aeris rep. I'll see what he has to say.

I think an Oceanic rep gets emailed every time a thread or post is added in the Oceanic forum. (the way that Scubaboard set up the Manufacturer Q&A.)

They should have already been notified of this thread so they could verify this....
(Of course they could be in a meeting, training, on travel, etc... and not be able to answer until the next day or so).

I asked this same question to the Mares rep on this board last year. They conveniently avoided my question and never answered it.

Back
Top Bottom