LeisurePro becomes Scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So it's not just me. Quite some years back, I made some online purchases with each, over the years. I quit buying from Scuba.com and kept on buying from Leisure Pro. I think it amounted to an order from Scuba.com dragging on way too long and never coming, which didn't leave me with confidence I could count on them.

So now I'm wondering at what point I should assume Scuba.com is just a name change for Leisure Pro, so if I buy from them, I'm really buying from Leisure Pro.

I know the folks over there rather well. A function of working within walking distance. You're going to get the same service as LeisurePro.

So now I'm wondering at what point I should assume Scuba.com is just a name change for Leisure Pro, so if I buy from them, I'm really buying from Leisure Pro.
It looks like we are at that point. The listings are the same and from what I've checked recently, it's all leisurepro's lines. prices and reviews.

I'll keep using the leisurepro URL until they kill it just because I think it's delightfully odd. I do miss the days when they did grey market stuff though.

So it's not just me. Quite some years back, I made some online purchases with each, over the years. I quit buying from Scuba.com and kept on buying from Leisure Pro. I think it amounted to an order from Scuba.com dragging on way too long and never coming, which didn't leave me with confidence I could count on them.

I think they primarily bought the domain name. There may be a bit more to it, but probably not much.

I know the folks over there rather well. A function of working within walking distance. You're going to get the same service as LeisurePro.

I had an office at 21W20. Used to be fun to walk over at lunch and BS with Ben. He’s been gone from there a while now.

At least this resolves the issue of folks who can't spell "leisure" ! I after E except after C....... or....sometimes L.

I had an office at 21W20. Used to be fun to walk over at lunch and BS with Ben. He’s been gone from there a while now.

Charlie's my guy. They just hired a new guy named Raul who is from Cozumel. I don't know the dive op but he was an instructor for 8 years down there.

When you buy a trade name, what you're buying is the "goodwill" attached to the name. I hope Leisure Pro got a good discount for buying Scuba.com because, to echo @drrich2 and maybe others here, Scuba.com's customer service was pretty bad. Leisure Pro, on the other hand, has always provided top-notch customer service in my experience. It may take a while for the stink of Scuba.com to subside, and Leisure Pro's goodwill to become associated in the minds of us consumers with the Scuba.com name.

I predict that SCUBA.COM will be closed for 8 consecutive days in April. 🫓
Which goes along with my request to rename it Oy, Scuba.

It looks like we are at that point. The listings are the same and from what I've checked recently, it's all leisurepro's lines. prices and reviews.

I'll keep using the leisurepro URL until they kill it just because I think it's delightfully odd. I do miss the days when they did grey market stuff though.

They actually still do if you go there in person. The prices are always better in person than online. It’s weird, you don’t even have to ask and it can be a significant difference

Back
Top Bottom