LeisurePro becomes Scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999

Anyone know anything about this?

Two online companies merging. Prior to DRIS tthey were the biggest online ones I knew of.

Looking at what's on offer at scuba.com and it's clear this was a buyout, not a merger. The scuba.com URL was probably the most valuable part of the acquisition as far as LeisurePro's parent company was concerned.

They are keeping scuba.com's shop and warehouse in California though which could help them keep shipping times and costs under control. Or be a complete logistical nightmare. But these are some of the smartest people in specialty retail so I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Looking at what's on offer at scuba.com and it's clear this was a buyout, not a merger. The scuba.com URL was probably the most valuable part of the acquisition as far as LeisurePro's parent company was concerned.

They are keeping scuba.com's shop and warehouse in California though which could help them keep shipping times and costs under control. Or be a complete logistical nightmare. But these are some of the smartest people in specialty retail so I'm sure they'll figure it out.
Adorama’s major west coast distribution facility is in Utah. They have a huge warehouse there.

from the Scuba.com side it could only mean an improvement....

LP was always a top service provider, not so much for the other. As mentioned above, the distribution network and perhaps the name are the value. Good on LP!

Could be the phoenix for the scuba.com name...

Yeah. They've owned the Scuba.com domain for some time but are just making the switch over now.

I really tried to get them to rename to Oy Scuba! but they weren't having it.

from the Scuba.com side it could only mean an improvement....

LP was always a top service provider, not so much for the other.
So it's not just me. Quite some years back, I made some online purchases with each, over the years. I quit buying from Scuba.com and kept on buying from Leisure Pro. I think it amounted to an order from Scuba.com dragging on way too long and never coming, which didn't leave me with confidence I could count on them.

So now I'm wondering at what point I should assume Scuba.com is just a name change for Leisure Pro, so if I buy from them, I'm really buying from Leisure Pro.

Back
Top Bottom