Leisure pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kracken:
I think many who address this issue make too much of an issue about the "manufacturer's warranty". The object of a warranty is to have the product serviced, repaired or replaced.

If the source of acquisition offers the ability to service, replace or repair, what does it matter that it doesn't come directly from the manufacturer?

Leisure-Pro offers a warranty, albeit it is their warranty. The end consumer still has the ability to redress the issue of a defective purchased product.

Also, my personal opinion is that you should seek to purchase equipment made by manufacturers having a good reputation for not needing the warranty...i.e. that build products that actually work...

Sean

I think the manufacturers with the greatest degree of quality control are the ones who usually offer the best warranties - as business econmics say their risks of having to expend funds on warranty issues are lower. I don't think this applies differently to scuba equipment vs. any other manufactured goods. It's more like Vegas where the odds are stacked in favor of the house, and makes for a good marketing tool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom