"LEGAL" Looney Birds ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Greetings, Beloved Flock !!!

Have a question for all of you Lake Lanier Looney Birds . . .

KPReid and I were talking the other day and he brought up the subject of actually making the "Lake Lanier Looney Birds" an "official" club.

Would love to hear all or your thoughts on the prospect.

the K

I've never been a part of an "official" dive club. What would be involved and such? I'm very interested. Would this mean that we would have official dive trips, meetings, t-shirts, etc?

Let's hear some ideas. We have a pretty good sized flock (pun intended)!

Jeremy

Sure let's go for it! DO we get to have a secret handshake? :)

Mike

OOOhh oooh, could we have club decals????

I'd be in.

Hey Kraken,
Will all the pledges still have to make that ever so cold New Years Day dive to become an "official" Lake Lanier Looney Bird? It will be two years ago this comming Jan. 1, 2007 that I did my official dive. I remember it well, there were only 7 of us.

Jeremy

I request that be a MUST DO for membership, with at least 3 full members present.

Braz

I have not been on an official Jan. 1 dive with you guys. What I have appreciated about the group is its willingness to include new divers. I think it would be a shame if becoming a club means exclusivity to diving in some way. If becoming a club means those that do the initiation dive get a t-shirt and cap while still including others in the dine-n-dives and other dives, that would be cool.

I'll need to miss next year's (1/1/7) dive, but I think it's a great idea. The few times I actually made it out to Lanier I've had a blast.

Brian

You can be a provisional until you get your blue nose award at New Years...:)

Mike

Darelor:
I have not been on an official Jan. 1 dive with you guys. What I have appreciated about the group is its willingness to include new divers. I think it would be a shame if becoming a club means exclusivity to diving in some way. If becoming a club means those that do the initiation dive get a t-shirt and cap while still including others in the dine-n-dives and other dives, that would be cool.

Inclusion is what we've always promoted and I see no reason why it would stop for any reason. We love to dive and I love to see others dive and have a great time. Maybe becoming an official club will carry some weight with some of the local dive shops, etc. I don't know. But what I do know is that no matter what when we dive everyone is welcome.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom