Leeson single phase motor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadoo, Nuvair 455 (synthetic mineral) or Chemlube 751 (synthetic ester). Both of these oils are traceable. (we know they were not mixed in somebody's garage). A five hp motor will need at least a 25 amp breaker. I prefer 30 amps. A 7.5 hp should have a 40 amp breaker if used on that compressor but you might get by with less. Don't worry about starting current, just use a reasonable size electrical feed, the circuit breaker will tolerate hard starts within reason.

Check the frame number on the old motor that is on that now, and try to match that as that will fit the same mounting holes you now have, also will be the same shaft size for pulley, check RPM's should be 3400 to 3600. A 5 HP motor is usally for a 5 CFM and a 7.5 HP is for a 7 or 8 CFM compressor. Need to confirm what CFM compressor you have and that will firm up what motor to use. Also ask at what RPM the compressor should run at so you can confirm what pully you need for motor, probaly the one you now have is OK but confirm it. As to oil, synthetic is what you want, most people I know use a brand called CF 1000 or CF-2000 for Nitrox fills, CHEERS

The dimensions are not going to be exact as many compressors use a metric motor and our replacements are in standard sizes. The frame number is what we cross referenced, but then we checked actual dimensions. They were very close but not exact. I posted the modifications necessary above. All the necessary info was posted on the old motors tag, including RPM's etc.

Scuubaadoo.

I have several Baldor 3 phase motors 5HP 3450 rpm - all good, that I have removed from compressors and replaced with single phase motors. If you want to consider a converter, I'll sell any of these for $60 plus shipping.
Frogman62
Jim Shelden

I was out of town and just got to your replies. Paescador would you recommend Lawrence Factor or is there a less expensive place to order the oil, I will probobly go to them for filters anyway.

Frogman are selling 1 phase motors or are you selling the 3 phase ones you took out, I am looking for single phase to match up with the service I already have.

TIA

These people have oil at reasonable prices:

Nitrox & Compressor Accessories - Oil

I suggest 455 for Nitrox pumping and 751 for general purpose. The food grade oil is made from a PAO base which is also similar to Mobil I engine oil in that respect. It is known to be very stable in high oxygen fraction. The 751 is made from a diester base which is widely used in high pressure compressors due to its solvent action and high flash point.

Scuubaadoo, The motors I have for sale are all 3 phase - therefore cheap
Frogman

Back
Top Bottom