Least Favorite Piece of Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Question for people who think the snorkel is unnecessary:"
A: Swell doesn't impact me, with an inflated BC I can bob around with it. If I'm swimming, either I can use the regulator or breath the way I normally would. Now, chop and spray could be a problem, that actually drowns people when they inhale it. But I don't do diving in those conditions. The snorkel can be handy but it is also a cumbersome PITA. If you have planned your dive, and your plan includes returning to the boat with 300 pounds NOT a thousand...you should have plenty of air. And besides, waves routinely jump into a snorkel, it is no panacea.

Neoprene products. They all suck for one reason or another.

Seams in bad places, not durable, too squishy, bad customer service, or a combo of those.

By far my rebreather snorkel. I think I got a lemon, it always gives me a headache....

For me it would be the snorkel. It just gets in my way all the time. Irritates the heck out of me, so I take mine off and carry it somewhere on me that way if i surface and there is chop i have the snorkel to use

5mm wetsuit. Extra weights, pain to put on and off. Yea for 84 degree summer water temperature.

HA i remember wearing a 5m farmer john in the middle of June. I had to have 26lbs of weight and I was sooooo hot. sigh

Anyone who uses a clicker, etc should never be allowed to dive again. Look at me, I'm important! I have words about this that are not appropriate in public. I would love to take said object and drop it off the wall!!!

What is a clicker ? :eek:

I've never heard anyone using a tank banger or any noise maker either.
IMO there are uses for a snorkel and times when you can't possibly need it. Depends on the type of diving. Enough threads on that.
I have had one and only used it once to locate a buddy that swam too far off -- other than that -- I hate them

Neoprene products. They all suck for one reason or another.
Seams in bad places, not durable, too squishy, bad customer service, or a combo of those.
HAHAHA --- trying to get a wetsuit on when its wet and chilly -- no fun there

"Question for people who think the snorkel is unnecessary:"
A: Swell doesn't impact me, with an inflated BC I can bob around with it. If I'm swimming, either I can use the regulator or breath the way I normally would. Now, chop and spray could be a problem, that actually drowns people when they inhale it. But I don't do diving in those conditions. The snorkel can be handy but it is also a cumbersome PITA. If you have planned your dive, and your plan includes returning to the boat with 300 pounds NOT a thousand...you should have plenty of air. And besides, waves routinely jump into a snorkel, it is no panacea.

Yep, but if you're towing an unconscious diver that you don't absolutly know, you'll be super happy to give him the rescue breath with a snorkel and not your mouth. Because of desease and because it's a pain in the ass to do it with the mouth.
But hey, it may absolutly never happens.
You still will never know.

Back
Top Bottom