Learn to dive in St. Louis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwehnerabc:
Thanks for the tips!
Going out this week to the shops and doing a little "foot work"
WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!
Way to begin your tenure. I see you've got great results.
Good Luck!!

Now for my stock message, which is still under construction: I really do have to work on modifying this note!!!
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

Howdy, and welcome to SB.

Your post was moved to a better forum for this discussion, so - I hope you'll come back to Introductions and post an one - so we can welcome you appropriately.

don :D

I find myself using 3 different shops. My primary shop is The Dive Shop, but I still frequent Y-kiki and Scuba Shop USA. I have yet to make it to Midwest due to location. I live on the South side of town but find myself close to Y-kiki often. I have found different shops are better for different things. This could just be because of personalities.

If you have the choice I suggest not limiting yourself to just one shop.

cmcarver:
I find myself using 3 different shops. My primary shop is The Dive Shop, but I still frequent Y-kiki and Scuba Shop USA. I have yet to make it to Midwest due to location. I live on the South side of town but find myself close to Y-kiki often. I have found different shops are better for different things. This could just be because of personalities.

If you have the choice I suggest not limiting yourself to just one shop.

Good point. The different shops carry different brands of equipment--if one doesn't have what you want, another probably will. Also if you need some training fast--say, a Nitrox class to be completed before a trip you have planned in a couple weeks--one shop may be able to accommodate you when another cannot.

Enjoy your diving!!!!!

theskull

Welcome to Scuba!! My name is Ken Elliott - PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor -
I would like to invite you to check out Midwet Scuba in St. Charles. This is an excellent time of the year to begin classes because we will be able to give you more personal attention. Chris Ellis - PADI Master Instructor - and Valerie Vest - PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor manage the day to day activities. We are dedicated to your fun and safety. We offer all ranges of PADI classes and we have the most extensive inventory of equipment to best suit your needs. We do want your friendship and your business. We are looking forward to meeting you. Take care and good luck!!!!! Ken Elliott www.midwestscuba.net.

mwehnerabc:
I want to get into diving and I don't know where to start. Where is the best place to learn to dive in St. Louis? Any tips for a first timer?

I recomend Scuba Shop USA and talk to Jeff White. He'll treat you right.

mwehnerabc:
I want to get into diving and I don't know where to start. Where is the best place to learn to dive in St. Louis? Any tips for a first timer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom