Learn to dive in St. Louis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwehnerabc

Reaction score
I want to get into diving and I don't know where to start. Where is the best place to learn to dive in St. Louis? Any tips for a first timer?

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard!! I'm so happy that you decided to join us here!!

There is lots of information that you can find.. and make sure to check out the club that fits your area!

If you need help with anything while you're figuring out where things are around here, send me a PM! (Private Message.. click my user name, and it should give you the option of sending me one!)

Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards! Have fun, and Happy, Safe diving!!

~Kayla :dazzler1:

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Moved from the Introductions & Greets forum.

mwehnerabc:
I want to get into diving and I don't know where to start. Where is the best place to learn to dive in St. Louis? Any tips for a first timer?

Go see Jeff White at Scuba Shop USA -- 11728 Baptist Church Road St. Louis
314-849-3483

They train many hundreds of divers each year in St. Louis. They are really good at it.

Regards,

Welcome to the ScubaBoard. Even though I'm just a few hours south of SL, I'm not familar with the shops up there. I'm sure you will get some replies with useful info. Good Luck with your training and come on down to Mermet Springs for some diving. You'll probably find some buddies here. Welcome. steve

Hey M,

A great question which is sure to elicit some very opinionated answers. I dive with divers and instructors from all of the St. Louis area shops. The truth is that you can get great instruction from ANY of the area dive shops.

The biggest differences between them are the "personalities" involved, so it would be wise to make a couple visits to the shops you are considering and take into account how they treat you and how well you get along with them. Make sure you understand when and where the training will take place, as the convenience of this for YOU will be worth some consideration as well.

Once you've received your basic Open Water instruction and bought your mask, snorkel, and fins from the shop you choose---there will be no problem whatsoever with switching to another shop for additional training or to buy gear of another brand if you prefer if you are not thrilled with the initial experience.

That said, allow me to give my highly biased opinion that The Dive Shop on Manchester is one of the places you should consider. :)

theskull

I agree with theskull, but would also highly recommend you check out Midwest Scuba in St. Charles at 5th and Clark Street.

www.midwestscuba.net

Obviously, the shop you shoose to deal with mostly is probably going to depend on where in St. Louis you live

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom