Leaking PT-015 Info!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding the output ....

Well I had a few paragraphs composed .... then thought this would be better!!!!
I think these links( and hyperlinks in the text) to Ikelite will help ….. but in short the sensors (manual or TTL) typically control whats going to be your strobes output….either by a manual sensor dial or the TTL sensor that “reads” and mimics the quench of the cameras on board flash
Hope this helps

TTL sensors

Manual sensor

Info on the 5050

More info

Dust the inside of the housing near any penetration with dry unsweetened grape Kool-aid, then take it down. The Kool-aid is white when dry. ANY moisture will immediately and PERMANETLY turn it purple. Even if the moisture evaporates or is absorbed by your dessicant pack the leak evidence is preserved.

Rinse well and dry before inserting camera.
I've used this trick on dozens of new design electronics housings, Camera housings being clear just makes it easier to do 'cause you can see the info before you open the housing.
FT

You never cease to amaze me!

I spent quite a while on the phone with Olympus USA earlier today. After alot of conversation and time on hold, I was told that nowhere in the Olympus USA database is there any notation of leaks caused by defective o-rings or other parts. The database collects data from repair, customers service, R&D and warranty departments among others. They also said that although all cases come from the same manufacturing facility in Japan, the chances of the same batch going to both the UK and USA were slim but still technically possible. So it seems to be a location thing. At least I hope it is!

Dee:

Once I got over the shock of the first dive, I just dove with it and zero problems.

I was with 2 other divers with the same Oly set up and they had used their in PNG and were laughing at me for being so anal about it.

Other than cleaning the O-ring channel and greasing the O-ring now and then, they said they had zero concerns with the set up.

Happy diving!:eek:ut:

Back
Top Bottom