LDS's in Columbus Ohio area...who sells what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey all

Useless request by lazy diver here:

As I'm looking to move away from Dacor gear and towards other, less shall we say flaky manufacturers, I will be looking to shop around for new stuff. Of course I want to make sure that I can get stuff serviced locally, and get stuff with manufacturer's warranty (I'm now leery of possibly gray market regs from LeisurePro, although the prices are great) but outside of my usual LDS I'm fuzzy on who's an authorized dealer/service center for what. Here's what I do know offhand:

Underwater Connection (my preferred LDS, nicest people on the planet): Genesis, Mares, Cressi-Sub, Dacor, Sherwood (?).
Central Ohio School of Diving: Scubapro, Aqualung (?)
ASK Water Sports: ?
Sub-Aquatics: ?
any others...?

Can someone fill in the blanks please? I suppose I could call, but I figured I'd ask here first so I can go in knowing what to say.

thx

Billy S.

I live about 100 miles from Columbus, but go to Sub-Aquatics in Reynoldsburg for service on my Scubapro equipment and having our u/w film processed after dive trips. They have rendered excellent, dependable, reasonably priced service for me. We usually make a Saturday 'day trip' and have a nice supper in the Columbus area when we do this.

Needless to say, I have had less fond experiences with the geographically closest LDS for me that is a Scubapro dealer.

My Scubapro equipment is all pre-owned, so there's no issue with "free parts" for me at any Scubapro dealer.

I have not used any other Columbus area dive shop for equipment or service.

Here's a link to their web site.

http://www.subaquatics.com/

Hello,

Sub-A has a huge selection of BCs and you can get a good deal on a tank. ASK has a good selection of regulators and and OK selection of BCs ASK has a pretty good selection of gadgets also.

Sub-A has some really good instructors, but can’t compare yet. I’m taking my rescue through ASK but all other training with Sub-A.

There is a dive shop in Newark called Discover Diving. They used to have a good selection of wetsuits.

Hope this helps..

Randy

Moogyboy:
hey all

Useless request by lazy diver here:

As I'm looking to move away from Dacor gear and towards other, less shall we say flaky manufacturers, I will be looking to shop around for new stuff. Of course I want to make sure that I can get stuff serviced locally, and get stuff with manufacturer's warranty (I'm now leery of possibly gray market regs from LeisurePro, although the prices are great) but outside of my usual LDS I'm fuzzy on who's an authorized dealer/service center for what. Here's what I do know offhand:

Underwater Connection (my preferred LDS, nicest people on the planet): Genesis, Mares, Cressi-Sub, Dacor, Sherwood (?).
Central Ohio School of Diving: Scubapro, Aqualung (?)
ASK Water Sports: ?
Sub-Aquatics: ?
any others...?

Can someone fill in the blanks please? I suppose I could call, but I figured I'd ask here first so I can go in knowing what to say.

thx

Billy S.

Okay, broke down and did some calling...here's what I gathered, for the benefit of anyone else who might find it useful:

SubAquatics: Aqualung, Scubapro, Dacor/Mares, SeaQuest
ASK Watersports: Oceanic, Sherwood, Atomic, DUI
COSD: Scubapro, IDI, Aeris

Good thing I'm old enough to remember that old bromide, "let your fingers do the walking," though old enough to not think of it without thinking about it. :)

cheers

Billy S.

stop by ALL of the stores and see what they have?

R.

Moogyboy:
Okay, broke down and did some calling...here's what I gathered, for the benefit of anyone else who might find it useful:

SubAquatics: Aqualung, Scubapro, Dacor/Mares, SeaQuest
ASK Watersports: Oceanic, Sherwood, Atomic, DUI
COSD: Scubapro, IDI, Aeris

Good thing I'm old enough to remember that old bromide, "let your fingers do the walking," though old enough to not think of it without thinking about it. :)

cheers

Billy S.

Or even use the Internet to check their web sites - they surely wouldn't advertise brands they don't sell. Anybody who could navigate to Scubaboard should be able to do that too - really "lets your fingers do the walking" - across keyboard and mouse!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom