LDS prices on tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
OMS tanks do alot better than Faber as far as corrosion goes. They are not the same tank.
OMS tanks are manufactured by Faber in Italy. Check the cylinder markings or call Darren at OMS. He'll confirm that their manufacturer is Faber. What may be different is the galvanizing process specified by different distributors, but AFAIK, the standard galvanization process for Fabers is a cold zinc spray. OMS specs the same process for the cylinders they distribute.

Supposedly, there is a Faber cylinder distributed by ScubaLux that displays inferior corrosion resistance, but that could simply be a specification calling for paint and a lower quality galvanization process.

I just picked up a set of the Scubapro (faber) lp95's w/o valves for $220 a piece from my LDS. They were originally $299 but since Scubapro no longer carries these tanks he was able to discount them.

I just banded these together and cant wait to try them out. I was a little concerned about the corrosion facter with these tanks but since they will only see freshwater and dont have any boots on them I think I will be fine.

Thanks for all the help. Still looking into another LDS in the area, looks pretty good. I'll get back later and let you know. Thanks again.

$450.00 + tax - That is way too much.

A freind who owns a dive shop told me $250 for PST E8-130. (when their ready to be shipped)Thats with no valve and includes shipping and he said he would still make money. Dont know how much though. I dont know if this has already been said but OMS is selling hot dipped galvanized tanks sometime this year. Its on their web page. I personally think I'll wait and get a set of OMS 112's hot dipped. E8-130 pumped to 3500psi gives you 132cuft and the 112 pumped to 3500 gives you 148cft. Their weight ,boyuancy and length seem pretty comparable.

Working pressure for E8-130 3440 (I think)

" " OMS 112 2640

The issues of over filling the 112's is a non issue for me.

And people wonder why I think that dive shops are in the legal theft business?

That's outrageous.

You should be able to get PST steelies for under $300. The more under $300 the better, of course, but that's definitely a price-point you should be aiming at. The larger ones will be a bit more, but not much.

You're being ripped off, bluntly.

Interesting news on the hot dipping, Scubanarc. I checked the OMS page and got a kick out of the headline:

"OMS CYLINDERS ARE BETTER THAN THEIRS!"

I found it interesting that they didn't mention their cold spray galvanization process in their justification of why the hot dipped cylinders are superior to aluminum and steel.

I wonder if they've started distributing the hot dipped cylinders, because when I spoke to OMS yesterday, their cylinder person claimed they were using a cold spray process. I'd think that they'd be trumpeting a superior galvanization process if it had been implemented already.

Genesis once bubbled...
And people wonder why I think that dive shops are in the legal theft business?

That's outrageous.

You should be able to get PST steelies for under $300. The more under $300 the better, of course, but that's definitely a price-point you should be aiming at. The larger ones will be a bit more, but not much.

You're being ripped off, bluntly.

Not much under $300. They cost us over $200 and that's before shiping. From memory the new tanks went up about $50. Also there isn't much of a volume discount on tanks. To get much of a break you would have to fill a warehouse with them.

2 HP100s and 1 HP120. That should take care of me for Steelies - I've been waiting on the new E8s before buying, since I want the standard neck threads.

None of them are over $300 (actually quite a bit under; the 120 is a bit more than the 100s), and this is at a local shop.

I'll bet they are NOT selling at a loss.

Now to get that price I and a couple of friends had to order, together, a minimum of six. That's ok; it probably had to do with the freight (pallet/crate size, etc) more than anything else.

$300 is the most I'd pay, given this, for onesies. Freight, ground, for these tanks is going to be $20-30 each or so, assuming onesies. In quantity, by motor freight as opposed to UPS, it'll be cheaper (which is how you get the even better price - buy enough to make it worthwhile to send a pallet with them on it.)

I have the new PST price list in front of me. A E8-130 will cost me $213. I save $5 flippin dollars if I buy 8 or more. There is no additional price break for larger quatities. In addition we recieved a letter from PST stating that due to gas prices there would be an additional 5% charge per tank. That means that the absolute best price I can get is $218.40 and that's before shipping, filling and 6% sales tax (for some). We can save about $15 if we order them without a valve but then technically we need to visual them so it's a wash. We won't be selling them for much under $300.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom