LDS cost to trim neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmdalton once bubbled...

Try it, you will like it! This was recommended to me by a good friend (Andy Whitehouse, founder and owner of Andy's Undies and Drysuits) when my son and I purchased drysuits from him. That is all we did. My son has a size 17 neck and I have a size 15. We had to stretch his out longer, overnight as I recall.

Latex has a poor memory, in that if not stretched out on occasion it will come back close to original. My son is in the Navy and only gets home to dive cold water with me once a year. When he does, he has to stretch it out each year. I never go a month without diving (most of the time not a week without diving) and I have not had to restretch mine.

Dave D

Thanks!

I'll definately try that first.

Darryl

dvleemin once bubbled...

Gee, you wouldn't be trying to flame me would you. **edited by Rick** you make me laugh. Where in the thread did I say, or even imply, that the LDS should do it for free? Why don't you go post on some other board if this is the most intelligent thing you can come up with.

Darryl

You were the one complaining about $25 . You make me sick. I dislike customers like you. This board has no intelligent discussion right now. None. You waste everyones time with this crap??? Who's the intelligent one.

Oh, and by the way Metridium, I wouldnt service your reg either. Or Johnnythan's. You can keep getting ripped off at your LDS. And i dont care what you think about me or my opinions. I am very open to discussion, but please dont bring in the trust issue. My response to dvleemin was to let him know how the LDS is feeling. If he brought it into my shop, and asked me to do the same, and he was *****ing about $25, I would tell him (politely) that thats what I would need to get for it, because I am taking responsibility for the seal at that point. If he didnt like it, he could take it elsewhere, or do it himself. I would then show him how to do it, and send him on his way. Thats all. I dont believe that he would be happy either way. Thats what I meant...

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
This board has no intelligent discussion right now. None.
By "none" do you mean "none?" Or are you excluding your own contributions?
Just curious, don'tchaknow...
E. itajara

LOL.... very funny...

My responses to the nonintelligent discussions are the only intelligent posts here...

SO, Mr. wisea$$, I believe mine would be excluded...

You were the one complaining about $25 . You make me sick. I dislike customers like you. This board has no intelligent discussion right now. None. You waste everyones time with this crap??? Who's the intelligent one.

Oh, and by the way Metridium, I wouldnt service your reg either. Or Johnnythan's. You can keep getting ripped off at your LDS. And i dont care what you think about me or my opinions. I am very open to discussion, but please dont bring in the trust issue. My response to dvleemin was to let him know how the LDS is feeling. If he brought it into my shop, and asked me to do the same, and he was *****ing about $25, I would tell him (politely) that thats what I would need to get for it, because I am taking responsibility for the seal at that point. If he didnt like it, he could take it elsewhere, or do it himself. I would then show him how to do it, and send him on his way. Thats all. I dont believe that he would be happy either way. Thats what I meant...

How's business these days?

LUBOLD8431 wrote...

Oh, and by the way Metridium, I wouldnt service your reg either.
You wouldn't have the opportunity to decline, bub. And hopefully anyone else in your area who reads this thread will think twice about giving you the opportunity.

Charging for the service is fine, but that "hope you mess it up, and have to buy a new neck seal" attitude is nuts. The customer isn't your enemy....

You're the reason the LDS is hated so much in the industry. The customers are treated like enemies and with disrespect.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right? The proper response to a customer expecting something from you is to give it to them to the best of your ability, not to humiliate them or refuse to service them.

My customer, I wouldnt. But to this guy, who's complaining about $25, yeah I would. You guys are confusing things here. I do take care of my customers... Anyone who has been in knows that. I take offense to your opinion that the LDS's are hated. I think thats crap...

Oh, and by the way, business is fine...

You guys seem to think that I am mean and nasty to all my customers, which is incorrect. I am customer oriented and I take care of my customer's problems to the best of my ability, and make them happy.

The problem with Darryl is he doesnt see the value in the LDS tryin to help him, and giving him a fair price for a service...

A "customer" is someone who brings profitability to a business.
An "enemy" is someone who brings loss.
The astute businessperson must discern the difference; keeping the former, ditching the latter.
E. itajara

Exactly...

I have become very good at separating the two...

Back
Top Bottom