LDS cost to trim neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvleemin wrote...

Wow, thats a really ignorant comment. Its because of Americans like you that the rest of Americans get a bad rap around the world.
You could just as easily replace "Americans" with "dive shop personnel" and be equally correct.

I trimmed my neck seal on a new suit a few weeks ago. I did it on a large glass jar with a groove in just the right place. I was hesitant to cut too much so the first time I tried it on I almost suffocated myself. It was pretty comical as I tried to take it off with out ruining the seal and leaving both ears intact. I had visions of me passing out and thinking that it would have been nice to have someone else there when I tried it on the firts time to help me get it off!

... I always cut mine with large sharp scissors... it is never a problem.

This just isn't a big deal... kinda like whacking a hole in your drysuit for a P-valve. :D

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
I dont think you would come down to my neck of the woods anyways... Stay up there in Canada where you belong...

A new level of ignorance! You have just proven that Neanderthals do still exist. There are many people that I disagree with, but respect their opinion. I do not have any respect for you or your verbal diarrhea. Congratulations, you are the first to go on my ignore list.

metridium once bubbled...
You could just as easily replace "Americans" with "dive shop personnel" and be equally correct.

Yeah, thats real nice, both comments...

I think both of you guys need to lighten up a little bit.

Pez de Diablo once bubbled...

A new level of ignorance! You have just proven that Neanderthals do still exist. There are many people that I disagree with, but respect their opinion. I do not have any respect for you or your verbal diarrhea. Congratulations, you are the first to go on my ignore list.

Ooooohhhhh, I feel special...

I've successfully stretched both neck and wrist seals. If it doesn't have very far to stretch it won't take long (a few days to a week). It will immediately feel better the next time you put it on, but the trick is to continue to stretch it between uses until it stays at the diameter you want. If you stop too early and its tight the next time you use it just go back to stretching it between uses.

This is from a kayaking forum, but the gaskets on whitewater drysuits and dry tops are identical to those on diving drysuits. It has pictures and gives good detail on the procedure. I choose stretching over trimming because I am paranoid about removing too much.

http://www.boatertalk.com/faq.php?id=5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom