LBTS Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbutts:
We're looking to do some shore diving during mid-July and looking for some recommendations.
1. Hotels on the beach or with easy access for shore diving

We stay at the WindJammer,walk out the door and dive! its a neat and clean apt style resort 1 & 2 Bdrms
Dive safe!
Brad

The windjammer is cool.. thats right at datura where we dive from.

And yes, the fish was shiny, probably a tarpon... Just looked up a picture, that was him... but I've never seen a fish so big before.. he was gigantic.

Yeah... the tarpon have been chillin for a few weeks now. It's funny because people think they're sharks :rofl2:

They start screaming at us, "get out of the water!!! sharks!!!" :rofl2:

vr24:
The windjammer is cool.. thats right at datura where we dive from.

And yes, the fish was shiny, probably a tarpon... Just looked up a picture, that was him... but I've never seen a fish so big before.. he was gigantic.
LOL. I will fondly remember a dive last year when the tarpon swam so close that Marvel had to dive into the sand, and the tarpon was just hanging right above her. My dive buddy about his suit! He, had never seen a fish so big!! He also ended up buddy breathing off my octo on the way in!

Well, at first I just saw his tail swing around, and that was huge too. Remember, only about 15 feet of vis, at this point I had lost track of my 2 friends who were diving with me as well. It freaked me out, again, only saw the tail, then about 10 seconds later I saw the whole fish, and was still a little wired, but felt MUCH better. Felt safe to take my eyes off the water and surface to find my buddies. Lol... I'm a newbie!

Hi divers,
When exactly is it required to have a dive flag? Snorkel/diving, fresh/salt water, inside a designated swim area? I see snorkelers at lbts without a flag. I hope to be snorkeling there next weekend and don't want any hassles.
Thanks,
Doug

diver4life:
Hi divers,
When exactly is it required to have a dive flag? Snorkel/diving, fresh/salt water, inside a designated swim area? I see snorkelers at lbts without a flag. I hope to be snorkeling there next weekend and don't want any hassles.
Thanks,
Doug
You should have a dive flag. People that dive or snorkel anywhere in Florida are required by law to display a dive flag. If you don't have one... There's a dive shop on the corner of Commercial and A1A that rents them.

Here's a copy of the law.
http://www.dive-flag.com/Florida.html

The last time I was at LBTS.... I saw a boat weaving in and out of the dive flags just off the first reef, it was a shame... But on a busy day, it could be suicide to dive or snorkel without it, VERY stupid.

The bigger the flag the better!
If I were to snorkel off the beach, I would do it during the week, or early in the morning on a weekend.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom