LBTS Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That reef, starting out past the pier is still very nice. It did have some damage. And the catacombs or whatever you call them are filled in pretty good. Remember some of them were 3+ feet deep? Now they are maybe 1-2. Slowly the sand is spilling out. The most obvious is the lack of fish. There just doesn't seem to be very many fish anymore. Not like a year ago, or even 2 years ago.

I was thinking it was my imagination, but it seems like there are less fish every year. Maybe its just timing.

Jenny - what about by our reef? I would consider that area to have a decent amount of fish (for a shore dive) - what do you think?

I don't think there is may fish, Your place for fish? I don't know, because I don't have anything to base it from. However, I would say the population has decreased at MSY by 50-75%.

(Marvel's Side Yard. I knew you were wondering:D)

Scuba_Jenny:
I don't think there is may fish, Your place for fish? I don't know, because I don't have anything to base it from. However, I would say the population has decreased at MSY by 50-75%.

(Marvel's Side Yard. I knew you were wondering:D)
BTW - I'll be home next weekend...

MSY or MBY? :D

Chcek the imprint on the sidewalk. :D

So, you diving with us next weekend? Or should I say Michelle for the Chick Dive??? Then a Fish ID Class on Sunday. PM or call me if interested.

Scuba_Jenny:
So, you diving with us next weekend? Or should I say Michelle for the Chick Dive??? Then a Fish ID Class on Sunday. PM or call me if interested.
Michelle isn't coming. I'm just down for 6 days. She's staying in CO to work on the house.

Should I get a wig and some grapefruits?

I dove LBTS yesterday... It was so so, saw 2 nurse sharks and a HUGE fish, no idea what it was, about 4-5 feet in length (looked kinda like a bala shark, but huge).

But I would definately say, there ARE fish, but not all that many, and the depth is only about 15 feet.

If you don't mind a 1/4 mile walk down the beach in gear, the eurojacks were definately a lot more fun than LBTS.

Was the big fish you saw very shiny? If so, it probably was a tarpon. They are running right now. Seen them the last couple times out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom