Layang Layang Underwater Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics. Hmm, I was thinking of going to Manado this August but may be I should look at Layang Layang too.

They will be closed from September to February. I am looking for a trip probably during the second week of August. Do you have any idea what the condition will be like in August? I thought most of Indonesia/Malaysia dive location are good just about all year around and are generally ideal around May to October.

I have no idea about the climate in August but I think it is fairly similar all year round. Below is what I copied from its information booklet:

Temperature: 32C (day) - 22C (night)
Humidity: 85-95%
Hottest and driest month: June & July
Water visibility: beyond 100 feet

Try Sipadan island. It has one of the best wall diving around and being on an island. It's like paradise.

Anyway, doesn't cost much per day for full board - about US$100 for 3 boat dives and unlimited shore dives. Just a matter of getting there.

I did 6D/5N there. Will return again soon....one of these days.

Sipadan is already on an agenda. I will be there the first week of July. From Thailand, it will take a day and a half to get there and anotehr day and a half to come back. I have never been there but heard that it will be well worth it. Can hardly wait.

Back
Top Bottom