Lavacore: Any Real World Experience from Real World-Sized Women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When purchasing Lavacore, trying it on first is A MUST !!! I'm a guy, 6'1", about 175. I had tried on a couple of different mens pieces that "should have fit" according to their size chart, but they didn't. Or at least not the way I like my stuff to fit. On A whim, I was eyeballing another one hanging in my LDS, and it turned out to be a womens full suit. Well, guess what, I tried it on and the thing fit like a glove and that is the one that I bought and now wear. As far as the product itself goes, IT WORKS !!! I've been wearing under my 7 mil here in SoCal for the winter, and it certainly helps. You feel the cold, but you don't feel cold. It takes the edge/sting off the colder water. The past 2 months, I've been doing some deep/long dives and I've hit 50 degrees and was "comfortable".

I tried mine under my 7mm and actually felt colder with it than without, I'm guessing it was preventing my suit from sealing properly by creating spaces where water could flush.

Wetwear in FL custom makes a suit with material similar to Lavacore or Fourth Element.

Back
Top Bottom