Hooded Vest Sizing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cinquecento

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone!

I have an issue: I recently bought a Henderson Hooded Vest (7/5) and the fit is nearly there. I am really skinny and so the XS wasn't for my height but it was just right for my hips and waist. The S was perfect for my height but a bit larger for my hips/waist. I went with the size S because I figured going with the XS might fit me strange. When I put the vest on it's perfect around my head. it's a tad bit loose in my chest/armpit and also above my waist. BUT I only bought this to layer my one piece 5MM wetsuit which fits great. I put my wetsuit over the vest and I could feel the vest hugging my torso (It was incredibly warm, so it definitely was doing its job).

So, ultimately my question is will the semi-looseness affect my warmth or will it be negligible since once I start to descend all of the neoprene I'll be wearing will begin to compress and become tighter? Or do I spring for the XS? Problem is I bought online and shipping and getting a new one shipped back may take 2+ weeks.

Thanks for any help SB!

Back
Top Bottom