Lauderdale - late July any1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the shore dives in LBTS only go down to about 20'?
Is there usually a bunch of stuff to see - turtles, eels, rays, sharks, etc?

Are there two different shore dives we could do while down there?
Are they any different from each other - or basically same reef, just a few hundred yards apart?

I'm thinking we should do a morning shore dive since you guys say that's when it's easiest to swim out.
Then, an afternoon boat dive (or night dive if we can get one of you guys to lead us - we've never done it).
Then crash at one of the hotels you guys recommended, and wake up and do a different shore dive (if they're really much different).

We could do it any of the last three weekends in July (my wife's b-day is 7/21).
And we could do it as a Thursday - Friday thing, or if more people wanna do it, we could make it a Friday - Saturday thing.
I just figured doing the overnight Thursday would mean less crowds, less boats, and less expensive (hotel rate).
But since this is an entirely new location for us, having some of you locals lead us would be more important/safe than us saving a few bucks.

That's why I didn't post a date/time/location title yet... because it really depends on you locals there.
I don't know where's the best shore dives down there, nor what time is the best for going out, nor which boat we should all charter, nor whether anyone's available to lead or even take us on a night dive, etc, etc.

Heck, if one (or more) of you is available to "lead" us guppies around like a tour guide, we'd be more than willing to AT LEAST buy your air, dinner, gas, whatever.
We've only done 10 dives, the deepest being 85' for 30min.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom