Lauderdale - late July any1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife's been told the best shore dives down in the "strip" (Jupiter to Miami) are in Lauderdale By The Sea. Is that the case?

So, we're planning an overnight stay down there later in July.
Probably do diving (boat & shore) Thursday afternoon/evening and all day Friday.

Anyone got any advice for the area charters & shore dives?
Or better yet, anyone available to dive and show us how/where to do the shore diving?

Thanks,
cra2

Sure, set the date and we will show up!

I don't really have hard dates yet because we're flexible.
And I figured we'd mold the trip around whoever else is available.
We've never been down there so we'd appreciate company and/or guidance.

what's the best week for everyone?
- when are the west coasties coming?
- jenny, can you dive on a Thursday or Friday? (vs weekend)
- someone wanna lead us on a nite shore dive too? (we could pay for dinner/air if someone's willing)

We were thinking about doing a boat early in the morning (calmer theoretically) and a shore dive later in the afternoon/evening. And maybe another shore dive in the morning before heading back. But we're totally open to suggestions.

cra2:
I don't really have hard dates yet because we're flexible. And I figured we'd mold the trip around whoever else is available.
- jenny, can you dive on a Thursday or Friday? (vs weekend)
- someone wanna lead us on a nite shore dive too? (we could pay for dinner/air if someone's willing).
lol what usually works is just posting a new thread with a date, time and place in the subject line. Too much detail & discussion ususally confuses us... after all, we're SE Florida voters! Also, this is vacation-season when WE head NORTH. There's probably no need to buy dinner but you KNOW they'll show up that way. Jenny is your best bet wherever you decide to dive.
cra2:
We were thinking about doing a boat early in the morning (calmer theoretically) and a shore dive later in the afternoon/evening. And maybe another shore dive in the morning before heading back. But we're totally open to suggestions.
I might reverse the schedule and do the shore in the morning. The seas are fairly calm this time of year and the difference in-shore between AM/PM is much MUCH more than on a boat.

MikeJacobs:
lol what usually works is just posting a new thread with a date, time and place in the subject line.

I don't have one.
Never been there so I don't have a place.
Would like a local guide so we gotta be flexible in schedule.

"The seas are fairly calm this time of year and the difference in-shore between AM/PM is much MUCH more than on a boat."

whaddyamean?

if you are gonna do a shore dive, do it in the morning, because the seas are usually flatter in the morning, thus an easier surface swim.
Suggestion on posting new thread. Name the date, type of dive (boat or beach), general location (Lauderdale/Hollywood area)

Hubby & I can do Thursday Shore Dive and I can do Friday shore dive (hubby has to work on Friday) at Lauderdale by the Sea.

Let me know the exact date & time. Lunch on the beach after the dive? If so what can I bring?

Zuzanne

Lauderdale by the Sea is great! Just drive down to the end of Hibuscus street and find a parking place. The sea was definitely calmer in the morning, but during the week most working local folk are tied up with the more mundane employment thing.

I had the pleasure of joining Mike, Jenny, Marvel, and a couple of other regulars a couple weeks ago and had a great time! Must really be tough to live only 50 ft from the surf!

If you go there better take a lot of quarters for the parking meters! They take 4 or 5 quarters per hour and a tank of air on 20' reef will last a long time.

When you decide on a date, just post a thread- believe me, we're all dive vultures & will jump right on it!!! Weekends are better for most, but not all of us.... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom