Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They've got a hard row to hoe. The infection numbers on Phuket Sandbox are well over that number that was originally supposed to close it. 3 tourists on flights in this past week showed up positive. The numbers of tourists expected to come to Phuket have been much lower than expected as well due to costs and hassles and chances of ending up in quarantine combined with fun things still being closed. Most of those who had arrived are British or American and UK just redefined Thailand as red zone, so all from there need to head home immediately to avoid having to do 10 days quarantine on their own dime back at home. If they manage to get back before Monday, they'll be OK. Samui Sandbox has only had 400 show up since it's opening.

Half of me wants to go while it's so quietly beautiful but if one can't get around to see many places, that makes it less appealing. That's not the only reason though. Sad times for many in Thailand.

Flights from UAE to Phuket are open, and after my recent trip to Egypt I have to say that I'm tempted to go in perhaps October or November.

It's always going to be a risk for the return journey too especially when rules are so volatile. UAE has now announced that full vaccination of WHO approved vaccines is now mandatory for entry to the country from the end of this month, which is good IMHO.

Daily summary | Coronavirus in the UK
UK has quite high vaccination rate but yet above 30,000 new cases over last 7 days(up to and included 28th Aug).

Singapore crosses 80 per cent Covid-19 vaccination milestone: Ong Ye Kung

I believe a quick and reliable pre flight test would be useful to identify those who are infected from travelling. But then most airports would not have the facility/infrastructure to deal with the procedure.
Large scale testing should be applied at all times.

The speck of light at the end of the tunnel is still very dim.

Take good care.

There is a point where I think we need to live with Covid - 3 people arrive in Phuket and test positive for Covid?

You have to be fully vaccinated and test 72 hours before getting there but yet you can still get Covid in those few days before testing and the travel days - how can you see this ever going away???

Vaccination appears to reduce your risk of serious illness but you can never force everyone to be vaccinated so at what point do you just move on with life??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom