Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Certificate of Entry (COE) to Thailand
Requirements for COE:
There are FIVE and I will list two of them:
1. Confirmed flight booking.
2. Confirmed Alternative State Quarantine(ASQ) hotel booking or SHA+ hotels in Phuket.

Anyone saying he/she can enter the Kingdom ANYTIME is........

While it's true that you can't drive to the airport, buy a ticket at the counter for the next available flight, land in Bangkok and go on your merry way, I do think that you're making a bit much of the current requirements. Booking a flight takes five, maybe ten minutes over internet, Phuket sandbox accommodation can be booked just as easily as an all-in-one package, and then the CoE is just a matter of filling out a form and getting the result - I don't know how long it takes right now, but last December, I got my CoE within 24 hours of application.

While it's true that you can't drive to the airport, buy a ticket at the counter for the next available flight, land in Bangkok and go on your merry way, I do think that you're making a bit much of the current requirements. Booking a flight takes five, maybe ten minutes over internet, Phuket sandbox accommodation can be booked just as easily as an all-in-one package, and then the CoE is just a matter of filling out a form and getting the result - I don't know how long it takes right now, but last December, I got my CoE within 24 hours of application.
You have explained very clearly on the matter. Thank you very much.
1. Needed to book the flight and accommodation FIRST.
2. Applied for COE which took less than 24hrs in your case.

Which country/city has daily flight to Thailand/Phuket?

Booking flight and accommodation in advance of the trip is a near-universal practice anyway - if nothing else, airlines tend to gouge the costs for over-the-counter tickets, as the main target market for those are people who need to fly right now for some urgent emergency, so they don't have much of a choice. You also need to fill out your address in Thailand on the TM.6 landing card - nothing new about that.

Regarding flights - Phuket Sandbox FAQs - TAT Newsroom

Q: What airlines are operating direct flights to Phuket?
A: Currently, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, El Al, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, and Thai Airways International (THAI) have announced direct flights to Phuket.
Please check flight schedules on the respective airlines’ websites.

I haven't done an exhaustive survey, but from what I've seen, the listed airlines are operating their Phuket flights at least several times a week, if not daily. Some of them are using Phuket as a stopover point on the way to Bangkok, or vice versa.

I can pass on a Thailand vacation for awhile. Especially with news like this.

Thailand on Monday (July 19) reported 11,784 new COVID-19 cases and 81 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.
● 11,684 new infections
● 100 prison / prison infections
Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 415,170 with 3,422 deaths.

Booking flight and accommodation in advance of the trip is a near-universal practice anyway - if nothing else, airlines tend to gouge the costs for over-the-counter tickets, as the main target market for those are people who need to fly right now for some urgent emergency, so they don't have much of a choice. You also need to fill out your address in Thailand on the TM.6 landing card - nothing new about that.
I haven't done an exhaustive survey, but from what I've seen, the listed airlines are operating their Phuket flights at least several times a week, if not daily. Some of them are using Phuket as a stopover point on the way to Bangkok, or vice versa.
Accommodation is dead easy to arrange nowadays no matter what. But flight is different matter because of so many restrictions etc etc. If the demand is not there then the schedule will be affected, demand and supply.
Travelling to the Kingdom has not been the same since mid Mar 2020.
I really hope Phuket and Surat Thani can avoid the onslaught of the Delta.

Thailand on Monday (July 19) reported 11,784 new COVID-19 cases and 81 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.
● 11,684 new infections
● 100 prison / prison infections
Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 415,170 with 3,422 deaths.

Adjusted for population size, it's not too different from what we have here, with over 60% of the population fully vaccinated with Pfizer. I've got a blackwater trip on The Smiling Seahorse booked, and so far I haven't seen anything that would dissuade me from taking it.

It’s not getting into or out of Thailand, or the number of cases, but the stopover locations that prevent travel at the moment for me.

Luckily I have the option of direct flights with El Al, although I'm pretty sure I'll go with Etihad instead. In UK, you have to quarantine on return if you go through the Gulf hubs, right?

But flight is different matter because of so many restrictions etc etc. If the demand is not there then the schedule will be affected, demand and supply.
Travelling to the Kingdom has not been the same since mid Mar 2020.

Flights are pretty regular. Even when they have few passengers, the airlines just pack the plane to the ceiling with cargo boxes.

Flights are pretty regular. Even when they have few passengers, the airlines just pack the plane to the ceiling with cargo boxes.
International flight to Phuket is about 3 today, two from Singapore and one from Tel Aviv.

It’s not getting into or out of Thailand, or the number of cases, but the stopover locations that prevent travel at the moment for me.
TG has non stop flight from LHR to Phuket every Sat.
Quarantine back home is another story.

Phuket Covid 19: Phang Nga welcomes first tourists from Phuket Sandbox project

Lets hope it will be Krabi this coming winter.

Is there a way to tell if the flights from BKK to Phuket are truely going at this time? You can book them, just don't know if they are being cancelled or not....

Back
Top Bottom