Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pff Gentle Giant won't return to Phuket until like 5PM on Feb 14, while the last PCR apt is at 3:30PM. Back to the drawing board!

Y'all! Please help! Is my plan below feasible?
Day 1: quarantine & PCR test in Phuket
Day 2-4: board a liveaboard from Phuket and return to Phuket (perhaps Hin Daeng + Hin Muang + Koh Haa etc)
Day 5: quarantine & PCR test in Phuket
Day 6 onward: board another liveaboard, dive dive dive... (Similan + Richielieu Rock + Surin + Koh Bon + Koh Tachai etc)

However, there's no direct flight from me to Phuket and I'll have to either transit in Bangkok or Singapore. Singapore isn't open to my passport. If I book everything on the same ticket, does the transit location matter?
If I transit in Bangkok, can I still do my Day 1 quarantine and test in Phuket or must I spend a night in Bangkok then return to the airport to fly to Phuket?
Do I book SHA hotels on pages like Agoda and crosscheck with the Thai gov's SHA list?
My passport typically doesn't require a visa to Thailand. I assume that remains unchanged? Several countries have suspended visa-free travel, but I don't think Thailand is among them.

Much thanks for all help! Two years at home and my brain's completely forgotten how to plan travel...

You can only apply the Thailand Pass from 01st Feb onward.
1. Thailand Pass
2. Book your flight and accommodation in BKK.
3. Travelling to Phuket is depending on your test result!!!! Because you won't be allowed to travel at all if tested positive. This put an uncertainty on your departure from BKK to HKT(Phuket).
4. No point to book any LoB unless you are on the island because of the certainty in (3).

It is not that straight forward I am afraid.

Good luck.

You can only apply the Thailand Pass from 01st Feb onward.
1. Thailand Pass
2. Book your flight and accommodation in BKK.
3. Travelling to Phuket is depending on your test result!!!! Because you won't be allowed to travel at all if tested positive. This put an uncertainty on your departure from BKK to HKT(Phuket).
4. No point to book any LoB unless you are on the island because of the certainty in (3).

It is not that straight forward I am afraid.

Good luck.
So I can transit in either BKK or SIN. From SIN there's direct flight to HKT. You're right I shouldn't book anything in advance, esp without refund/rebooking possibility. I just want to plan ahead and see what my options are. It would be great if I can minimize time spent in Phuket.

Pff Gentle Giant won't return to Phuket until like 5PM on Feb 14, while the last PCR apt is at 3:30PM. Back to the drawing board!
I would strongly suggest to avoid making plans with rigid timetables. This is Thailand, and stuff will be late at times. Remember that Phuket is quite large - it takes several hours to traverse from one end to the other, even when traffic is not a factor. Build 1-2 day buffers into your plans to avoid minor delays collapsing the whole thing.

I would strongly suggest to avoid making plans with rigid timetables. This is Thailand, and stuff will be late at times. Remember that Phuket is quite large - it takes several hours to traverse from one end to the other, even when traffic is not a factor. Build 1-2 day buffers into your plans to avoid minor delays collapsing the whole thing.
Yah it's definitely wiser to build n buffer days and dive locally in Phuket. I have all the time in the world. I just want to dive. Anywhere. The last two years have been tough and miserable. I'm just grateful we have this opportunity in Thailand while waiting for the other Indo-Pacific countries to reopen.

I just want to dive. Anywhere.
Get your sandbox accommodation near Kata Beach and you have immediate access to a fairly nice reef that can be dived from the shore. Alternatively, stay in Chalong/Rawai and you can go on day boats that depart from Chalong pier. To be sure, you can stay anywhere on the island, but being close to those two points will save you a fair bit of driving.

Yah it's definitely wiser to build n buffer days and dive locally in Phuket. I have all the time in the world. I just want to dive. Anywhere. The last two years have been tough and miserable. I'm just grateful we have this opportunity in Thailand while waiting for the other Indo-Pacific countries to reopen.
I would rather spend the time in HKT than BKK.
Enjoy the first 7 days in Phuket(HKT) including local diving and then you are FREE to roam the country.
Koh Lanta, Koh Phi Phi, Similan etc etc are all within your reach.
Have a blast.

Back when Full Moon Parties were in full swing, booking the ferry between Koh Samui, Koh Panghan and Koh Tao required booking in advance, lest being stuck for a couple of days, like some travelers I met experienced.

Then, in Off Season, things start shutting down quite quickly, as I experienced diving from Koh Lanta. My accommodations, which I booked week to week, told me they were closing the following week. Restaurants closed. My dive shop moved me to many other shop's boats for the last week of diving, which turned out fine. I got to experience diving from smaller dive boats to a swanky yacht, complete with chef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom