Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Barmaglot , thanks for all the recs. I've decided to try getting on the Smiling Seahorse for their 9D/8N special malta trip on Feb 13. Before that, perhaps I'll fly into HKT or BKK on Feb 8 (Test & Go) or Feb 6 (7-Day Sandbox), and spend the extra days staying in Kata or Chalong Beach diving locally (Chalong's hotels are cheaper so I might head there). Will have to check possibility of transiting in SIN, if not, it'll have to be BKK/DMK.

EDIT: Transit in SIN is a-ok. I'll fly via SIN to HKT, spend 5 days diving locally in Phuket, then board the Smiling Seahorse on Feb 13. Yay!

EDIT 2: well flight via SIN costs almost twice as much as transiting in BKK. Looks like I'll have to spend at least a night in BK before heading back to the airport to fly to HKT after all.

EDIT 2: well flight via SIN costs almost twice as much as transiting in BKK. Looks like I'll have to spend at least a night in BK before heading back to the airport to fly to HKT after all.

Sorry, I might have missed the rule change, but one night in BKK is fine? Or is this under quarantine?

I typically fly through some other city, like SIN, to get to BKK, spend the night or two, to rest after 20+ hours of travel, before moving on. This would be ideal for me if quarantine wasn't involved.

Sorry, I might have missed the rule change, but one night in BKK is fine? Or is this under quarantine?

I typically fly through some other city, like SIN, to get to BKK, spend the night or two, to rest after 20+ hours of travel, before moving on. This would be ideal for me if quarantine wasn't involved.
Test & Go, 1st night in SHA+ hotel at point of arrival, that's my understanding. I think after your test returns neg you're free to go anywhere you want.

But don’t forget about the day 5 test where again your restricted to your room until the result comes back.
Yes, that's correct. I'm thinking of spending Day 1 in Bangkok and Day 5 in Phuket, boarding LOB on Day 6.

Yes, that's correct. I'm thinking of spending Day 1 in Bangkok and Day 5 in Phuket, boarding LOB on Day 6.
Just ensure you allow time to get your results and then make the flight. That’s my challenge, that might require a 2nd night in Bangkok.

Just ensure you allow time to get your results and then make the flight. That’s my challenge, that might require a 2nd night in Bangkok.
Yah, planning to spend maybe 3 nights. Got friends I can visit.

My option two would be wait a few more days for my country's budget airline to restart flights to Thailand and board the Andaman on Feb 18. Would be half as much as Smiling Seahorse on Feb 13 both in terms of flights and LOB.

Found cheap flights with reasonable transits in SIN, so I can arrive directly to Phuket, do 5 days local diving or sneak in a 2 night LOB, then long LOB trip after. Possibly spending more than 5 nights in Phuket before the longer trip for buffer days.

Based on my experience for getting Thailand Pass, your plan should include the 7 working days (not counting Saturdays & Sundays) to get the Thailand Pass Test & Go model. Fortunately Feb 1 is a Tuesday. It’s a slow process. Feb 17 would be the earliest for you to get on a week long liveaboard, if all of the 3 swab tests turned out negatives.

Here is what I think is going to happen to you, assuming you get negative (-) results for all 3 swab tests:
Feb 1; apply for Thailand Pass Test & Go model
Feb 8; get pre-flight - swab test at home
Feb 10; receive Thailand Pass QR code
Feb 11; fly to BKK, Day 1 swab test & stay 1 night in SHA+ hotel in Bangkok
Feb 12; receive Day 1 - swab test, fly to HKT
Feb 15; get Day 5 swab test & stay in SHA+ in Phuket
Feb 16; receive Day 5 - swab test.
Feb 17; you are free to go anywhere in Thailand.

Any + result from Feb 8, Feb 11 and Feb 15 swab tests will mess up your plan. That’s why you are required to get the travel insurance with a minimum $50,000 Covid-19 rider and follow the Covid-19 protocol from Feb 1 to Feb 15 to make sure you won’t contact Covid-19 & pass all those 3 tests.

I’ve been tested 18 times for my 10 overseas diving trips in the last 12 months, knock on wood that I have never contracted Covid-19. However, statistically that odds are against me with how contagious Omicron is. Eventually I will get it. Just don’t know when. So stay vigilant in following the Covid-19 protocol (self distancing, wearing mask in public places or when self distancing is not possible, etc.).

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom