Last Name on Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeronimoDF

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
What size lettering do you use for labeling you tanks with your last name? 3 inch? Is it reflective? Where do you guys buy the letters?

Thanks,

Daniel

- 3"
- yes
- sometimes
- hardware store...

you can also check thestickerguy.com - he can make whatever stickers you want need, colors, etc...

-Frank

I just use a bright paint pen. Works well.

Just paint/stencil your name on them.

Is it ok to use just initials, or should it be a full name? And does it matter where the identification appears? (ie. is there a standard, or just "anyplace it will fit where other markings are not required")

FreeFloat:
Is it ok to use just initials

It's okay, I give you permission... :D

The point is to make you identifiable in a sea of otherwise identical looking black divers with double LP104s on their backs. I have "ABB" on my tanks, Bob Sherwood has "BOB", Arcangelhayes has "ED", and there's a guy named Bob that dives with Bob Sherwood all the time that is known as "Bob Squared", so he has B^2 on his tanks and Gavin.

FreeFloat:
And does it matter where the identification appears? (ie. is there a standard, or just "anyplace it will fit where other markings are not required")

High enough so that the wing doesn't cover them. This is especially important on doubles, as the wing can easily taco up and obscure the numbers. If I remember, I'll take a couple shots of mine when I get home. I also put 2" mailbox letters on my cannister light, which is easier to see than the tanks at times.

This is an example of people trying to be "Too DIR" :)

Thanks, Soggy! That's what I was wondering.

I used a paint pen on the base of my canister light but was thinking about reflective mailbox labels, like I used on my AL30.

Side note: I'm not diving 104s yet, and I sorta doubt people would mistake my 72s for their doubles..... LOL ........ but this is very good info for me to know.

Soggy:
It's okay, I give you permission... :D

The point is to make you identifiable in a sea of otherwise identical looking black divers with double LP104s on their backs.

One thing I encoutered during my DIR-F (the first time I dove with more than one DIR buddies) is that that is not enough. At least during the drills the team members are looking at each other. I would prefer it when my team members would put their name on their hood just above their masks...

Reinoud:
One thing I encoutered during my DIR-F (the first time I dove with more than one DIR buddies) is that that is not enough. At least during the drills the team members are looking at each other. I would prefer it when my team members would put their name on their hood just above their masks...

I also have ABB written in large letters on the bottom of my fins. I think putting the name on the hood could be beneficial, but I think having my name on my forehead would be a Rule 6 violation, don't you? :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom