Last Name on Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have my initials on the underside of my fins too, in large silver paint-pen letters.

Reinoud has a point - but I would counter with, if you're face-to-face as you're supposed to be, don't tell me you can't tell your buddies apart when looking right into their masks?? :D

FreeFloat:
Reinoud has a point - but I would counter with, if you're face-to-face as you're supposed to be, don't tell me you can't tell your buddies apart when looking right into their masks?? :D

This is one of the most difficult parts to swallow....it is pretty much impossible to come up an anchor line and stay face to face with any current at all....you always end up side-by-side, which I don't see as much of a problem, as long as you are keeping track of each other.

Sorry, off topic :)

Soggy:
I also have ABB written in large letters on the bottom of my fins. I think putting the name on the hood could be beneficial, but I think having my name on my forehead would be a Rule 6 violation, don't you? :)

I have "Just Keep Swimming" written in large letters on the bottom of both my fins.

I have "Grateful Diver" written in Sharpie on the crown of each of my cylinders.

I have "Grateful Diver" stiched on the right pocket of my drysuit.

Even without all that, my dive buddies wouldn't have any trouble picking me out of the crowd ... I'm the one who's shaped like a harbor seal ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I have "Grateful Diver" written in Sharpie on the crown of each of my cylinders. ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
LOL

I was wondering if anyone else used a nickname instead of a given name, to mark their gear...!

You can see my fins here (attached)...guess what initials I used........

Somehow "LR" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

My only question to the people who paint or write their names on their tanks is whether this presents an issue when you break the doubles down for vis and/or hydro. Do you have trouble lining them up when you reassemble?

I use 3" letters with my last name. When I reassemble the tanks, I remove the letters if I don't like their position.

Northeastwrecks:
My only question to the people who paint or write their names on their tanks is whether this presents an issue when you break the doubles down for vis and/or hydro. Do you have trouble lining them up when you reassemble?

I use 3" letters with my last name. When I reassemble the tanks, I remove the letters if I don't like their position.

in my experience no. had this conversation with a buddy when i couldnt line mine up after breaking them down. he pointed out that i didnt have the tanks in the original positions. ie, left on left side. did it and everything lined up like before. i cant imagine it being a problem unless you do something to the threads or reverse the tanks as i did.

Northeastwrecks:

They should line up if you mark L from R and use the same manifold.

If they don't paint/sharpie stencilers can remove and redo with a solvent called M.E.K. ($2.99 in paint department at Home Depot).

Yeah, I had this problem when I changed manifolds, and my name is now alot higher on the cylinders than before. Its not a big deal, you can actually see my name better now...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom