Last Minute Christmas Present

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

optimator

Registered
Reaction score
Oh My! Last minute Christmas travel now finds me and my family headed for Poipu on Kauai tomorrow. If there are any board SB readers - here's the short version. We were going camping in Baja. Another family bailed on our plan so we bailed. We then wanted to go to Maui but it was too $$$. Then we found a sweet ebay deal for a place in Poipu.

So... Any suggestions for dives or diver operators in Kauai? Is the weather messing with the dives? I'm with a NDS (non-diving spouse) - anyone up for a dive?

Cheers!

I have heard driving down to Baja is very dangerous these days. I have heard of a number of attacks in the past 6 months... Hawaii is much safer!! Although I love the diving down in La Bufadora. I miss Dale who runs the dive shop down there... He traded his Harley for a dive shop(in the 70's), got married, and never left!! Anyway I have heard there is good shore diving on Kaui'i.. Check out ShoreDiving.com - Your Shore Diving and Snorkeling Web Community! for some sites... I hope you have a great trip!

Sean

We went w/ Bubbles Below. Good dive guides and very friendly folks.
I'm sure there are others, but that is who we went and would dive with again if we get back over there.
Koloa landing is an easy shore dive.
Good luck and hope you have a great trip..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom