Large High Pressure Vessel or Cascade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all! Having several more tanks sounds like the best option for less trips to the LDS. I'd just need to find more to store them!

Several more AL80s will take a lot less room than the banks that would be needed to fill them. And much easier to transport.

Make a rack, stack them like firewood.

BTW are you thinking about stashing them on a boat? If so then a small compressor would seem to be a good solution.

BTW are you thinking about stashing them on a boat? If so then a small compressor would seem to be a good solution.

Not on the boat at this time, just in our condo locker. Will definitely be looking at 3.5CFM portable in the next 3 years.

Ok, maybe I'm going about this the wrong way?

I've tried an online search for high pressure tanks and vessels, but I'm not coming up with much in the way of useable information.

I'm looking for a large tank that I could fill around (10) 80CF dive tanks with. I'd like to take the big tank to our LDS once a month and have them fill it. Then fill the 80's from the back of our truck. This is 100% a convenience thing, I'd just like to make less trips to our LDS.

Would love to know what to search for, manufacturer, keywords, etc..

Thanks!
There is no single cylinder that can be legally transported by road when filled to capacity that will do what you need it to.

As said above, a small compressor will not only be significantly cheaper than the cascade bottles required to do what you ask *about 6x 4500psi bottles which will cost about $3k not including the whips required to fill since you can't really carry them around easily and the adapters required for a dive shop to actually fill them, so probably about $5k all in*, but will be much more useful for you all around.

The small compressors take up much less space than a big cascade setup and are going to be more cost effective while being infinitely less hassle.

I have a trailer that would suit your needs. You could fill about 60 AL80s with it before going in to refill. I would sell it if you are interested.
It has 9 bank bottles for breathing gas and another 7 bank bottles driving the haskell booster.
View attachment 729788
I need some bottles in Georgia
Derek (mod edit)

I need some bottles in Georgia
Derek 1-912-658-4280
I have four or six sitting in Georgia right now. How many are you looking for?

Not my cup of tea... something about a large pressure vessel letting go in Tobermory some years back.....

@Stoo .....

There is a reason we use bank bottles...
I don't think those bottles had been hydro'd or inspected ever... And they were routinely overfilled by a significant margin.

Back
Top Bottom