Laptop to edit edit for gopro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know FCPX can handle 4k and 2.7k video. Without the proper system configuration, it will make yhe basic MacBook go crazy snd just about freeze on you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yep, but my 3 year old Asus G73sw zips right through 2.7K using Powerdirector 12 for editing. A lot of folks don't realize you can get some serious "iron" in a PC type computer, although most think of the Wallyworld special as a PC.

All the conversations about FC with 2.7 and 4K are talking about dual CPUs (not dual core but dual quad core CPUs) i.e workstations)

Not disagreeing about a PC having some serious power. I once built them for gamers and editors as a side job.

A lot of the PC stuff now is just people jumping on the bandwagon. It all depends on what you are comfortable with in my opinion. I know both windows and mac systems including linux pretty well.

As far as having a computer that can handle it all, usually comes down to the amount of money you want to spend, how much editing you are doing, and how often you are also going to use the computer outside of editing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom