Laptop for photo storage and editing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave

the reason that media card slots arent put onto laptops is that the technology changes so often and by that the time that they are implemented the may be obsolete. yet another thing is that laptops are such a small form factor that adding another item is just going to add to the weight/size.

plus alot of the manufactures know that there are card readers out there for the different medias andjust dont need to.

personally i have all of the card readers i need in a pouch that is in my laptop bag, if i dont want to carry them i can download directly from the camera with the usb cable (i know it uses the battereis but no reader needed) and the other one is that you could get the pcmia card that reads them all. i just prefer the zio dazzle usb 2.0 readers, there plenty fast and use next to nothing from the laptops battereis

the reason that media card slots arent put onto laptops is that the technology changes so often and by that the time that they are implemented the may be obsolete. yet another thing is that laptops are such a small form factor that adding another item is just going to add to the weight/size.
I use a PCMCIA CF adaptor on my laptop.

ReyeR once bubbled...

I use a PCMCIA CF adaptor on my laptop.

Me, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom