lanier report-WBP-6-19-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saddle dykes are not what you may think, has nothing to do with motorcycles or horses..
It is the rock earthen dams that line Lanier near the dam. Who named them, government officials or engineers more than likely.

If Lanier is too messed up and you want a little clear, there are a bunch of folks I know going to Diveland in Alabama and we are even planning a night dive on Saturday Night. If you have a new 7 mil you can get some of your moneys worth out of it here. Bring a hood and gloves too!!

Hoss

Gentlemen, the word is "dikes", not "dykes". "Dykes" are completely different things, trust me.

the K

Well, I stand corrected. Actually I have seen it spelled both ways....

The Diveland activity for tommorrow will include a cookout in case someone come, bring your dogs and buns.....

Hossman

Yes, I'm sure you've seen it spelled both ways, but the definitions are quite different.

But let us not get into an argument over semantics . . .

the K

Wow, I wish I would have known about the diveland oppurtunity a tad bit earlier. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to find a replacement for me at work. Oh well there is always next time. Please let me know a tad bit more ahead of time and I would glady come out and join you.

Lanier might be ok to dive on say a Saturday as early as possible. I am not sure what time the park opens, but the earlier the better. This might just be speculation though. Kyle went late in the day on Sunday, and it had all weekend to get churned up. Saturday at 7 or 8 in the morning might yield a decent oppurtunity for some viz. Of course like stated this is just speculation till I get out there on a Saturday early in the morning to see if my theory is correct.

Matt

The Kraken:
Andrea,
I'll be up there this weekend, I'll try to get some with my little SeaLife.
It's a pitiful little thing, but I'll see what I can do.

PS, Kyle, I'll have your B/P-STA about Wednesday.

the K
Yea, I cant wait. Just let me know when I can get it from you.

Well, would anyone be interested in Diveland on Friday or Sunday this weekend?

cewarbin:
Well, would anyone be interested in Diveland on Friday or Sunday this weekend?
Friday, No go, I have to work. Maybe sunday though, I have to see how much work I can get done on the house on saturday. Plus the weather might be iffy. I really want to go diving this weekend, I havent been in a couple of weeks. If I cant make diveland, I may try to go check out redneck reef at lanier on sunday evening.

kylepreid:
Friday, No go, I have to work. Maybe sunday though, I have to see how much work I can get done on the house on saturday. Plus the weather might be iffy. I really want to go diving this weekend, I havent been in a couple of weeks. If I cant make diveland, I may try to go check out redneck reef at lanier on sunday evening.

Where is redneck reef? I know we've talked about it before. Did you actually find the location?

Me and Jesse are going to dive Lake Juliette Sat. AM. I will post a report.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
Where is redneck reef? I know we've talked about it before. Did you actually find the location?

Me and Jesse are going to dive Lake Juliette Sat. AM. I will post a report.

Jeremy
I have directions to get to it, I got them from duncan at sea ventures. I talked to heather about diving sunday evening and she wants to go too. Im going to do some work on the house sunday morning, and try to go diving around 3 or 4 o'clock. Im going to post a new thread to see if anyone wants to meet up out there. You guys come along if you want, it would be nice to dive with you and your brother again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom