LANC Connector compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjfox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My old camera finally bit the dust, not a flood, but some strange electronic meltdown while on a non diving vacation. The housing I use is an old aquatica made for the Sony TR series, I removed the circuit board and replaced it with the remote control for my Panasonic camera (RIP). This set up has worked great for 5 years.
I went out to get the latest Panasonic tm700, rated highly at camcorder info.com, but to my dismay, the IR remote control code are different, so I would have to solder up a new remote for it to work.
I still have the circuit board for the old Sony LANC connector, and I realise that the new Sony cameras have that 10 pin connector I would have to get an adapter for, but does anyone know if the codes are still the same? In other words if I get a new Sony will it work with the old circuitry I still have, or do I break out the soldering iron?

Thanks, this is the adapter I would need, and it implies it will work with most Sonys, other than the ones specifically listed.

Any one use this setup?

I still use an HC-7 which retained the old 2.5mm LANC port, but it looks like that camcorder may have (prematurely) reached the end of its useful life. I'm looking at the CX550V now and would need this cable, but am concerned about the 10-pin connector not being at a right angle and therefore whether it will fit into the housing.

Does the old LANC allow you to access all the functions on the HC7?

No... I wish it did. Would love to have LANC access to MWB.

I tried the LANC in my housing with my buddies Newer sony, but it doesn't do manual white balance, so I bit the bullet and bought the Panasonic HDC TM700, and I'll wire a learning remote into the housing. Hopefully I'll be obselescence proof, because I can program the housing for any camera function available on the remote.

My old panasonic a PV GS 150 was like that, the manual switch was on the housing, but it didn' present to much of a problem, I would set it for manual white balance, and leave it.

Back
Top Bottom