Question rEvodream P HUD issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcn

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello fellow rebreather divers!

I have an issue with one of the HUDs on the unit (see film in the link below). The green diode is only flickering or not working. The hand unit has got new batteries and I have switched the cells between LH and RH side without affecting the symptom.

The hand units works fine with stable consistent mV and the calibration works fine. Its just the green diode that is malfunctioning. I run the unit with 2+2 cells.

What could be the cause of this problem?

Circuit board?
Soldering issue?
Cable issue?

Link to film
rEvodream P HUD flickering LED

Sorry to see that , but to mee it looks like the connectivity problem between your dream and led output array. Looks like a broke cable to me. If you twist your cables in weird angle does it stop doing this ?

Sorry to see that , but to mee it looks like the connectivity problem between your dream and led output array. Looks like a broke cable to me. If you twist your cables in weird angle does it stop doing this ?
I will make some trials tonight and feedback in the thread. The HUD is potted so I believe that all cable issues and problems inside the HUD needs to be factory repaired.

A loose soldering on the board could possibly be DYI reparable.

After contacting rEvo I was informed that water ingress in the HUD could be an issue, even if its potted.

I believe this could be an explanation, the cable gland has been overtightened causing a pinched cable. A factory repair will fix this.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 42
I believe this could be an explanation, the cable gland has been overtightened causing a pinched cable. A factory repair will fix this.
At a second thought, the picture shows the cable between the dream and the cells. The cell readings are spot on

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom