Lanai charter recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We choose to dive with Lahaina Divers to Lanai. The crossing from Maui to Lanai can be rough, particularly on the way back after the trades pick up, and after doing it in a 34' aluminum boat once, we stick with the big 46' Newton dive boats now. Unfortunately there's a trade-off in that Lahaina Divers uses AL72 tanks, will put up to 24 divers on the boat, and are geared toward the beginning diver in supervision and profiles. They divide groups by experience based on number of dives, and put 6-8 in a dive group, so for us it's an acceptable trade off for a comfortable 45 minute boat ride each way.

Extended Horizons always gets good reviews around here.

@DiveMaven
Sounds like a good reason to go with Hawaiin Rafting Adventures. I have dove with them for a week a couple years ago and will be heading back (hopefully) next month. Steve is awesome and the diving is great

Debbie and I are fans of Lahaina Divers. We last dove with them February 2012, and they used AL 80's for charter customers, which more than adequate for the diving we did. I guess they could have changed since then.
DivemasterDennis

Personally, I have had nothing but good experiences with the folks at Extended Horizons. The boat is fast and the crossing was mellow when I went..... just stay seated for the ride home and you are good to go! Please let us know who you chose and how the trip was.

G

Debbie and I are fans of Lahaina Divers. We last dove with them February 2012, and they used AL 80's for charter customers, which more than adequate for the diving we did. I guess they could have changed since then.
DivemasterDennis

We've been diving with Lahaina Divers since 2004 and they've always had AL72 tanks. We were on the boat in June, 2012 and had the AL72s then as well.

This was from aug 2011 but anyway to answer Scottie's question I did lanai with Lahina divers. Wasn't that impressed as the dm, pretty well kicked the entire dive. So during si I specifically asked him to slow it down. In one ear and out the other. Didn't really matter to me and my buddy we just did the dive on our own and had a nice relaxing 60 min dive. Some newer divers may have been stressed by being alone though it didn't bother us. On a good note we were treated to a huge pod of dolphins near the end of the first dive at one of the cathedrals. Probably saw 50-100 underwater

I can't say for sure when they do it but every once in a while B&B will go to Lanai on their new boat. You might try calling them to see what they have to say about it. Their boat is quick and comfortable and I think they told me one of the trips they made there was back on the dock in Kihei by 11:30 am (6:00 am departure). That was after a two tank dive at Cathedrals and somewhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom