Lake Travis - Windy Point or Mansfield Dam - Aug 5-6th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious

Señor Pantalones
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I seriously thinking about heading down to Lake Travis to do some tech diving at the dam on the weekend of the 5th - 6th.

Anybody going to be doing some of the same that weekend?

D.

If I can't find a tech buddy for the dam, I can join some folks over at Windy Point I suppose...

I'll be out there for a class on Sat-Sun but I plan to show up on friday afternoon and camp.

I've got nothing tech. planned for Friday but I could be talked into something fun.
You know what I look like.

Taking a class or teaching a class? Which?

Hmm.. night dive at windy point might be interesting...

D.

Taking one....
Can you believe I never did do my AOW ?
I never did like the sound of ""Advanced"".
It's too Precocious...
I figured I'd do at least 100 dives first. 'been awhile since that mark too.
Time does fly by huh?
Anyway there are some places I want to go dive and the folks like to see those cute little plastic cards. ~~ not AMEX or Visa those other ones:wink:

I figured why not... 'Never been to Travis either so it should be fun !:D I could go for a night dive Friday the 4th

I'll be joining ya'll down at Travis on Saturday the 5th.

I've got to dig out my tent from wherever it's at....
Ya camping both nights TL?

I would join you guys, but will be out of the state. Frank,,,,you got that 'knot' work down---I know your instructor really well,,,can you say, MARINE! :)

Timeliner:
Taking one....
Can you believe I never did do my AOW ?
I never did like the sound of ""Advanced"".
It's too Precocious...
I figured I'd do at least 100 dives first. 'been awhile since that mark too.
Time does fly by huh?
Anyway there are some places I want to go dive and the folks like to see those cute little plastic cards. ~~ not AMEX or Visa those other ones:wink:

I figured why not... 'Never been to Travis either so it should be fun !:D I could go for a night dive Friday the 4th

Cool! Good for you! Shoot me your cell # - I'll be down there about 6-7pm... prolly enough time to get a single tank night dive in.

D.

Daylonious:
Cool! Good for you! Shoot me your cell # - I'll be down there about 6-7pm... prolly enough time to get a single tank night dive in.

D.
I said I was not planning anything tech.
I'm a true renaissance man. I don't carry a cell phone anymore.:D

We have one stashed away in some jar full of pennys, buttons, paperclips and shoe strings someplace I think :huh:
If I remember whick jar I'll give you the number.

TruckDiver:
I'll be joining ya'll down at Travis on Saturday the 5th.

I've got to dig out my tent from wherever it's at....
Ya camping both nights TL?

Cool !!

Yep.. I'll be pitching a tent there Friday and Saturday night.
I should be down there by Friday afternoon.

texdiveguy:
I would join you guys, but will be out of the state. Frank,,,,you got that 'knot' work down---I know your instructor really well,,,can you say, MARINE! :)

Sir Yes Sir !!!

The neighbors reported me to the police Thursday night.
They said some man was wandering around in the park in a black ninja outfit and a mask. He had on what appeared to be an explosive vest and a big yellow bomb straped to his back and he held the detonator button is his left hand all the time.
Then he put a towel over his head. He was all wrapped up in rope thrashing wildly with a knife as he twisted some little round thing with numbers on it.:confused:

I'll be in the county lock up until next tuesday before they ship me to Guantanimo Bay Cuba. That is unless you can come bail me out :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom