Lake Travis Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a chance to work on getting the scoreboard back in position today. I don't know what it's looking like at this minute, but when I left it, it was floating intact, upright and level. Use the same directions as those below to find it in the same location, but at 70' instead of 80'.

Glad you were able to make it out there, wish I could have. I'd still like to make another run to the scoreboard, but can't make Travis again until thanksgiving week (hopefully temps will hold just a bit longer )

Bucho, Andy, and I found the scoreboard about a year or so ago floating about 3 feet below the surface. It had pulled the stump it was tied to out. So we sank it again and adjusted the air in the buckets to hold it upright. We secured it with a thin "parachute" type cord. Andy, Jerry, and I dove it a few weeks ago and found the buckets empty and the board fallen over. We had planned to go back out and work on it again but I guess you beat us to it. Last year we attempted to find out who had placed it initially but no luck.

Glad you were able to make it out there, wish I could have. I'd still like to make another run to the scoreboard, but can't make Travis again until thanksgiving week (hopefully temps will hold just a bit longer )

That sounds like fun to me. Maybe we can clean it up a bit and secure the score panels that are falling out/loose. I don't think it'll be that much colder in the water by next week...air temps could be another story, but I have a portable propane heater if we need it. :)

Bucho, Andy, and I found the scoreboard about a year or so ago floating about 3 feet below the surface. It had pulled the stump it was tied to out. So we sank it again and adjusted the air in the buckets to hold it upright. We secured it with a thin "parachute" type cord. Andy, Jerry, and I dove it a few weeks ago and found the buckets empty and the board fallen over. We had planned to go back out and work on it again but I guess you beat us to it. Last year we attempted to find out who had placed it initially but no luck.

Thanks for the update. Too bad no one has been able to track down how it was originally placed there and by who.

I spent about 40 mins on it the other day, had to head back to town after that dive. Between now and when you worked on it someone must've tied the scoreboard to a small stump with a thicker piece of rope. It seemed pretty solid, so I didn't mess with that. There was a piece of thin cord tied to one end, but it looked like it was very recently tied on and "secured" to a root. I cut that off so the scoreboard could float level.

We probably could secure it better with tie-downs at each lower corner in addition to the rope holding it in place in the middle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom