Lake Travis Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John....I know you mentioned from the other day..but I forget....what was the depth on the score board?

Between 75 and 80 feet. If you go to the point and look across the lake you'll see a big boathouse with a green roof. Take a bearing on that, descend and follow your heading along the bottom to 80' or so. Take a left and follow the ledge there until you find a cable running parallel to the lake. You'll pass over/under a line running straight out to the river bottom. Continue following the parallel cable and you'll find the scoreboard is just beyond that.

Saturday morning Enrique and I are going to try to add some air to the barrels that hold the scoreboard upright. Hopefully, I'll get to dive it with Brandon that afternoon and secure it a little better than it is right now.

Had a chance to work on getting the scoreboard back in position today. I don't know what it's looking like at this minute, but when I left it, it was floating intact, upright and level. Use the same directions as those below to find it in the same location, but at 70' instead of 80'.

Had a chance to work on getting the scoreboard back in position today. I don't know what it's looking like at this minute, but when I left it, it was floating intact, upright and level. Use the same directions as those below to find it in the same location, but at 70' instead of 80'.

Did the scoreboard fall in the lake or is this submerged town?

I'm not sure how it ended up hanging down the wall sideways...I assume it had something to do with the low lake levels then the flooding we had last spring. All it needed was some air added to the barrels that hold it up and to cut a line someone had tied to it for some reason. It can still use a little work...cleaning up, securing the lights that were falling out, etc...

I reread your question and thought you might be asking how it got there in the first place. Like everything else at Windy Point it was put there by someone. I don't know by who, how they got it there, or why they did it, but it's there. It looks like an old high school basketball scoreboard.

John... what were the water conditions like on your dives..?

i dove at windy point yesterday. water temp was 72F and barely fluctuated down to 95 ft. visibility was really bad, 3-4 ft. surfaces was choppy, but underwater it was pretty nice dive (despite lack of visibility)

i dove at windy point yesterday. water temp was 72F and barely fluctuated down to 95 ft. visibility was really bad, 3-4 ft. surfaces was choppy, but underwater it was pretty nice dive (despite lack of visibility)

I like that word...'fluctuated'! :D

John... what were the water conditions like on your dives..?

Experienced pretty much the same conditions as Willgr1:

Visibility - 5'
Surface temp - 73 degrees
Temp at 95' - 72 degrees

Experienced pretty much the same conditions as Willgr1:

Visibility - 5'
Surface temp - 73 degrees
Temp at 95' - 72 degrees

Still pretty darn warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom