Lake Travis Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dove out at Windy Point both days this weekend. The water temperatures are still awesome, and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, the great vis we've enjoyed all summer is gone. On both days vis was 5' or less down to 80'. It was a little better near the surface and in the 80'-100' range. By the time I hit 140' it was deteriorating fast. By 160' I couldn't see the readings on my computer even with a 10w HID. Luckily I was following a line that I believe Ian and Layne laid a while back. Sure made navigation a heckuva lot easier!! Thanks!! :D

Dove out at Windy Point both days this weekend. The water temperatures are still awesome, and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, the great vis we've enjoyed all summer is gone. :D

Bummer about the vis but the weather is holding up awesome. The lake temps are showing 76 degrees down to 60ft. I'd really like to get another good travis weekend in before water temps dip below 70 degrees, which means if my schedule will permit, I'm going to try and campout both Friday and Sat. next weekend. If anyone's interested in joining me for diving next weekend, let me know.

I had about 2.5 feet of vis at lake Georgetown today. Kinda chilly too.

We dove Mansfield Park last Friday and vis was 6 feet and water temp of 76-73 degrees from surface to 120 feet. LOTS of catfish around. Even saw one at 120 feet. All of this should change with the front due tonight.

Vis at Mansfield wasn't any better. 5 to 10 ft shallow (<40). Maybe 5 ft deeper.

Thanks everyone for the lake condition updates. :wink:

Anyone diving Travis this weekend? My Faber 108 just arrived and I'd love to take it for a dip:D

Anyone diving Travis this weekend? My Faber 108 just arrived and I'd love to take it for a dip:D

I am. Brandon and I are going to try to right the scoreboard and secure it a little more if necessary/possible. PM me and we can work on times. I have to work one afternoon, but I'm not sure yet if it's going to be Sat or Sun...probably Sat.

I am. Brandon and I are going to try to right the scoreboard and secure it a little more if necessary/possible. PM me and we can work on times. I have to work one afternoon, but I'm not sure yet if it's going to be Sat or Sun...probably Sat.

John....I know you mentioned from the other day..but I forget....what was the depth on the score board?

Back
Top Bottom