Lake Travis Old Scuba Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvilleStang:
I think you're thinking of Barstows. That's the one that's five bucks and expensive air fills. The scuba park they're talking about is no longer open from all the talk I've heard of it (if it was open I'd have been there by now). The ONLY way to access it is from boat, because the shore is private property.
I suspected that might be the case also, but was giving G the benifit of the doubt. I dont think he was looking at the X's

No what you are thinking of is the house boats underwater, the park we are talkin about is yes the barstow one, if you go to the barstow one and go down to the water follow the ridge up the right underwater at about 40-60 feet more like 30 feet right now you will find the house boat. Under the private park. The two parts are right next to each other. Its not really a small small swim ... Might want a boat. I will get you the correct map and cord's here soon.

Last month when the water was really low me and two friend went there swimming, you might wanna swim surface for a bit to make it, but if not then forget it i will just get the cord's and make it easyier.

I was talking about the Old Scuba Park and it is not next to Barstows. It is around the bend (in the cypress creek arm) but it would be a very long surface swim (maybe 1/4 mile). I'm pretty sure the Old Scuba Park is where I indicated, because I went there and I recognize some of the features from that scanned in map in an earlier post. Also as far as I know the owner of the Old Scuba Park sold his property and the new owners are not open to the public. Also everyone used to complain about this owner being sort of a "scuba nazi" or really hard to work with. He did charge a fee but I don't remember getting my tanks filled there.

BTW Richard Barstow put his property on the market.

This houseboat you are talking about is something new to me. I dove Barstows probably 70 times last year and I've been that direction a few times. I found some sunken docks, platforms, two cylinder heads, and some other crap but I never saw a houseboat. Maybe I'll go a little further that direction this year.

His property's been on the market, but he's not selling from what I've been told. I think he's looking to get a few nibbles and assess the proper property value and take that back to Travis County and make them pay fair value for the iminent(sp?) domain land grab they performed to form Bob Wentz Park.

TheGnome:
rigdiver:
Yes the park is own privately, the cost to get in the park is $5 dollars per person. The air fills are expensive so dont even bother.
Air fills are expensive?? Heck they're cheaper than the ones I get at my LDS! (And no special trip required since I'm already there)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom