LAKE TRAVIS level predictions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wishing my fellow divers in Austin and around the best of a great water level for Lake Travis this season.....good for divers and business!! :)

When the lake is down, take advantage and dive locations that are now more accessible, or stay at deep locations longer. :wink:

I'm having fun discovering areas that are too far out to reach at full pool. Texas Swampers dive what we're dealt :D

Both ianr33 and Zinc make wonderful points, so enjoyment can be had with both the lake at it's low level and in the future at higher levels....good point...I likes their way of thinking! :)

The recent rains are adding to the lake level. However, LCRA is obligated to release water downstream for the dang rice farmers. Barring a major spring storm, I think we'll stay fairly constant.

I thought that deal expired last year.

I would say we would have to have something fairly significant in the way of sogginess to make a difference. 3 days of rain wont make a dent - we need 3 months....

The rain didn't make a dent - less than one-half inch increase in lake level resulted from the rain.

I would say we would have to have something fairly significant in the way of sogginess to make a difference. 3 days of rain wont make a dent - we need 3 months....

I see a foot increase over the four days...

BUT, remember, it's not about how much rain Austin gets, it's the Hill Country that matters!

As long as the dock stays in the water for the Giant Stride and we can get out at Windy Point, I'm happy. I anticipate a very dry season. Remember when the grass was covered at Windy Point? Hold onto that memory until next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom