Lake Travis Clean Up 9/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The 12th Annual lake Travis Clean Up is set for Sunday, September 10. The clean up will be from 8:00 - 11:30 for divers and 9:00 - 11:30 for non-divers. Each participant gets a t-shirt and a free meal for your participation. Lunch is at 12:30 with awards and door prizes given away.

Please stop by your local Austin dive shop to sign up. Bring tanks if ya got em!

Out of town swampers and swamper wanna bees are also allowed, invited, encouraged to attend. :wink:

Oak Hill Scuba will be cleaning up at the Windy point public site this year. We're hoping to have a great fun filled crowd at this years clean up.

Please help us keep Lake Travis clean!!!!!

I would like to get a group of San Antonio divers together for this event. Who should out of towners contact to get signed up? Has a flyer or anything been made that could be posted?

Thanks!

Mack Diver:
Thanks Parrott. PM sent.

Joe,
Out of town folks are welcome to sign up at my shop. If you want your own dive site for the clean up, volunteer@keepaustinbeautiful.org or call 512-391-0622.

I forgot to mention that the volunteer party is at Carlos 'n Charlies!

Hey Mack, how about in towners ( or would Cedar Park be considered out of town )? I split my business between several LDS's and only reason haven't shopped yours is that location is not usually very convienient for me, but have told some of buddies from Oak Hill/Lakeway area to check you out for training and gear purchases ( I am always working on getting more and better trained and equipped buddies :wink: ). So can I be part of the Oak Hill Scuba team too? Pretty please.... I'll promise to behave myself, and no diving naked (at least this time around :D )

Sure Mat. I'll even save you the drive. Call the shop at 892-4900 and have Nik or Constanza sign you up. Be sure to give them your email address.

I didn't think I'd have to specify that appropriate attire is required for this cleanup. LOL.

Mack, can you email the waiver to the out of town folks, or did LCRA just give you a hard copy of the form? I guess you could bring some copies to the lake on that Sunday for the out-of-town folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom