Lake Travis Bash June 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surface temps about 83
At about 35ft it is 70
At about 50ft it is 65
Below about 65ft it drops to 60
This was as of Wednesday night 6-2-10.

I do ok in a 3mil but cant stay below 65 for very long.

and don't forget the lightning at the surface! It made for great vis. :shakehead:

LOL when I was unpacking the car when I got home I realized I left a lawn chair there

A big thanks to all the Oak Hill Scuba Lake Travis Bash divers for joining us for a dive from Giant Stride. Visibility reported at 20' at Starnes Island and Wreck Alley. Many treasures found at Starnes Island including sun glasses, a watch, a knife and several fossilized mollusk shells.

Enjoy the photos - Lake Travis Scuba's Photos - Oak Hill Scuba fun dive during Lake Travis Bash | Facebook

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

It was a good time yesterday. Got to see some old fiends and made a couple of new ones.
Bill had an unfortunate issue with his drysuit that has us perplexed. We were under the trees and his DS top was hanging around his waist. Something got on his wrist seals and was melting holes in the seals. It looked like maybe tree sap, but that is just a guess on our part. Has anyone ever had this happen?
Bill put some silicone grease on the spots to see if it would stop whatever the chemical reaction was that was melting the seals. I didn't see him before he left, so I don't know if the melting spots stopped spreading.

Back
Top Bottom