Lake Travis Bash June 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like I'm going!

Anyone camping out friday night?

Also, any good shorediving? Last time I went up there, I did all my dives except one from the Giant Stride.

Looks like I'm going!

Also, any good shorediving?

Yep... it's wet and somewhat transparent :D

Kidding aside the vis at WP has been pretty good for the last few weeks but with the goings on it will probably muck up. Grab a couple of early dives and then hit Roberts boat.

Wanted to give an update on the Bash. The OMS rep is ill and had to cancel. However, we will have the Aqualung / Apeks rep on hand with products to demo. We are also introducing our new Oak Hill Scuba Dive Team. Anyone joining the team at the bash will recieve a ticket for the raffle. Prizes include dinner certificates, dive gear and a 5 day, 4 night stay in Cancun.

Don't forget, Lake Travis Scuba will be running 1 tank charters. Call the shop to sign up.
See everyone there.

Kidding aside the vis at WP has been pretty good for the last few weeks but with the goings on it will probably muck up. Grab a couple of early dives and then hit Roberts boat.

Looks like that's what I'm doing.

Just got off the phone with Rob, booked the charter @ 3:30.

Figured morning would be the best time to shoredive.

No shorediving buddies yet, but Rob says there will be a lot of nice divers there, so I'll find someone. :D

On the weekend the vis isn't as good above 60' due to all the classes, but it's still a lot better than it was last year.

so what are the temps running so I know what to pack (yes I mean water)

so what are the temps running so I know what to pack (yes I mean water)

Surface temps about 83
At about 35ft it is 70
At about 50ft it is 65
Below about 65ft it drops to 60
This was as of Wednesday night 6-2-10.

I do ok in a 3mil but cant stay below 65 for very long.

Made it up to the site, staying near the lake with a group called "Giggling Marlin Divers". Only 10 or so people here as of now, but they say it will be packed tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom