Lake Simcoe airplane wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its just a small plane the wings are held on with wooden beams. We moved the plane some distance away fron the trimaran but all be dambed if i can remember were it is we dropped her.

Rb

Ok as requested here are the numbers for the Trimaran
44.14.606N/07931.445W.This is accurate and has been confirmed by me.
Surprise,!! here are the numbers for the plane, this is from an unconfirmed source so dont blame me if its wrong. 44.14.569N/079.31.358W. but looking at the numbers the plane is within 45-50 meters from the Trimaran.
Now that I have shared my numbers can anyone give me some numbers for other stuff in Simcoe, in particular I,m looking for the numbers to a wreck called the Enterprise as well as the numbers for a wreck called the Queen.It does not matter if it an old car or a small boat sitting on the bottom too, any numbers would be nice to have.
Its only fair to share as I have.
P.S. the Plane and Trimaran are sitting on pure mud so vis can go bad really fast, fin slow and stay off the bottom!

Last edited:
From another website about a search for a sunk rescue boat:

After 3 straight days of searching, the boat still hasn't been found (okay stop laughing now) They did come across an old Lancaster Bomber that crashed many years ago that some people have been searching for years for! Must be in the Bermuda Triangle of Lake Simcoe!

http://www.firehall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=115373

No it does not exist I've been diving the lake for 30 year and have never come across a Lancaster nor has anyone else this story has been around for years there has never been a picture shown to prove anyones find you think there would be and I'm sure they would of lifted her out years back if such a plane did sink. I checked with the air craft museum at downview they searched there data on Lancasters and even aviation history documents record no such incident of a lancaster crashing into lake Simco its as phoney as the sea monster. I dove the Enterprise there is nothing there just some boards sticking out of the mud.

RB

No! it does not exist I've been diving the lake for 30 year and have never come across a Lancaster nor has anyone else this story has been around for years there has never been a picture shown to prove anyone's find you think there would be and I'm sure they would of lifted her out years back if such a plane did sink. I checked with the air craft museum at downsview they searched there data on Lancaster's and even aviation history documents record no such incident of a Lancaster crashing into lake Simcoe its as phony as the sea monster Igopogo - The Lake Simcoe Sea Monster. Igopogo - .

I dove the Enterprise there is nothing there just some boards sticking out of the mud.

RB

Igopogo is no longer in the lake. They took it out and used it inthe filming of the Never Ending Story :D.

I dove the Enterprise there is nothing there just some boards sticking out of the mud.

RB[/QUOTE]

Well RB, please PM me the coordinattes for the Enterprise!!I helped you out by giving you the coords for the Cessna. Just send it privatlly to me . PLEASE !!Thanks !!

Hi Simcoe diver i'm trying hard to get htose number for ya. But in the mean time here is the location of a cabin cruiser sunk going back about 25 years. Its in 80 feet of water N44 22 831 - w7940-405.

Dive Safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom