Lake Simcoe airplane wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was found nearly 10 years ago, but the location is being kept secret until some marine archeologist decides to do a survey or something along those lines. I know for a fact it is not a shore dive.

Okay, so thinking back ten years, did you dive off Sibbald Point, Jackson's Point or elsewhere. My reports suggest that it is just off Sibbald Point. If you did it back then did you go out from Jackson's Point? There must be some way of doing rudimentary triangulation to get a fix on it. It was at drydock at Jackson's Wharf, had its machinery removed and taken to deeper water to be suttled.

No! it not at those locations we towed it close to Georgina island but i just can remember were.

Hey, hey, hey, I meant the Enterprise not the Plane. You're not old enough to have been involved in the towing of it to deeper water. Stay focussed

Not old enough, well I've been diving lake simcoe for 31 years now. The pile of boards you call the Enterprise which lays just off Jacksons point is just that a bunch of boards and not worth the dive.

Thirty-years of diving is IMPRESSIVE; but still, you're not old enough to have been around when the Enterprise was sunk ;~{ ) ARE YOU??
Okay, that said of the 'pile of boards', what would you dive after the Morrison and the marine railway. I like the history more and the 'artificial' dive sites less, if you know what I mean. I saw the shots that Warren Lo took of the Morrison on an ice dive, are there other truly historical dive sites in Simcoe?

You mean there is nothing historical at Gullivers? :D

I've got a boat and I can take as many as 4 divers total. If you can get the numbers from your buddy, I'd be happy to take a boatload out to the Lake Simcoe Lancaster Bomber site, assuming it truly does exist. Please call me, thank-you!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom