Lake Rawlings 9/17 weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwickert:
If we get three or four people or better yet 6 :wink: , we could stay in "lake luxury" :D ...

It's $125 per night 2 night minimum... Sleeps 6...

Ken
I saw that and found it very interesting. If I didn't have the camper...

cmalinowski:
All,
It's back to looking like Friday is doable to arrive. Diving may be a bit of a question mark for Friday, but we should be able to get there as they don't close until 10:00pm. If it takes me six hours... well then... I don't know what sort of mood I'll be in anyway.
Chris
OK, it's pretty well cast in concrete: Saturday morning for me (early). Me and one other guy. I am hoping to get there no later than 10am. I think the plan will be to dive, dive, dive, setup camper, dive, dive, sleep, dive... eating somewhere in there as well :)

See you all there.

Do we have any other definites??

dennis, ken changes cars like others change underwear, so i can't help you find him that way...

if i'm there, i have red hair, i'll be wearing my 'stroke' slapstrap, and i'll be with a dark-haired (what there is of it, he's army) guy.

ken, i guess we'll hold off on the lap of luxury thing since morehead could squeak out & be ok. i hope so. i'm going thurs night to be there in time for the fri am boat, so i'd hate for it to get called after i'm already there. but c'est la vie...

chris, can i at least call dibs on a shower?? :07:

Ms. BabyDuck,

Thanks for the help. I'll be getting there sometime on Saturday morning. I think I'll do a morning dive with one of my BC's then check out the other one in the afternoon. I just bought these older Scubapro BCs and I want to check them out. I will probably have to adjust the regulators I bought and just overhauled as well, so the more I think about it, Lake Rawlings will allow me the calm water to do this. I'll drive back to Williamsburg later than afternoon or evening.

By the way, I love your slap strap. I've been called a stroke myself at least once. You see, I use an Air 2.

well, then, you'll be dead in the water before you get to leave rawlings! (joke, i promise!! several people i respect greatly use them!) and i use a short hose, so i'm with ya...:wink:

Eventhough we got blown out of Moore Head, had a great time with you guys diving. Can't wait to do it again sometime in the mere future.

I had fun all. Camping and diving were great. Can't wait to do it again.

Of course, I'll have to get that valve fixed...

yep, unless you want to start a 'dampsuit' specialty. or die. either way, i guess you need to fix it! :)

thanks to all, and i had a great time.

BabyDuck:
yep, unless you want to start a 'dampsuit' specialty. or die. either way, i guess you need to fix it! :)

thanks to all, and i had a great time.

I looked all over for you. I asked several redheads if they were from Scubaboard and they all said, "huh?" Next time, we will need to have a better means of identifying Scubaboarders. We need a banner or something. I had a good time, too. My trip report is over on the Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders section.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom